Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Mayhem Engineering rings and offsets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question Mayhem Engineering rings and offsets

Hey all,

I e-mailed Mayhem with my questions, but I haven't heard a response in a while so I figured I'd ask here in parallel. I really like the Mayhem 1.9" wheels but I have two questions for my SCX-10 build:

1. Does anyone have examples of the 4 different ring styles they offer? I think I get the "traditional 16 hole" design, but what about the other 3? Any picture examples? I searched but mostly failed.

2. Does anyone have a recommendation on the hub offset that would work with VP Currie axles, so basically the VP 8* hubs and 8* high steer knuckles?

Thank you in advance, and apologies if this was answered somewhere and I just didn't find it.

Last edited by MetalNut; 01-08-2015 at 11:58 PM.
MetalNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2015, 12:40 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Mayhem Engineering rings and offsets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalNut View Post
Hey all,

I e-mailed Mayhem with my questions, but I haven't heard a response in a while so I figured I'd ask here in parallel. I really like the Mayhem 1.9" wheels but I have two questions for my SCX-10 build:

1. Does anyone have examples of the 4 different ring styles they offer? I think I get the "traditional 16 hole" design, but what about the other 3? Any picture examples? I searched but mostly failed.

2. Does anyone have a recommendation on the hub offset that would work with VP Currie axles, so basically the VP 8* hubs and 8* high steer knuckles?

Thank you in advance, and apologies if this was answered somewhere and I just didn't find it.
i dont have any answer to your questions about what the others look like but id assume its more or less holes in the rings...i emailed them weeks ago trying to buy a set of trail shooters to match my other ones with no response and a pm on here too....i run wraith curries with the standard 450 hub they offer

Last edited by Purptr8r; 01-09-2015 at 02:42 AM.
Purptr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:30 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I know they're a family business and that this is their side gig, so I'm not going to be unreasonable about the response time. I don't mind placing an order and waiting as I'm sure they'll treat me right, I just want to get a better idea of what I'm ordering

Thanks for the response anyway!
Old 01-09-2015, 03:52 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

trailredies with trail ready rings

mayhem monster traditional ring

trailshooter with traditional ring

with my vp axle i use 750 hubs just to help clear wider 1.9 tires hope this helps this is most of my mayhem wheels on my rigs this past 2 years
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:54 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

i live in puyallup wa and comp with most of the nw crew whats up we should hit the trails
Old 01-09-2015, 06:13 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I have 3 rigs with Mayhem's and run the VP 8 degree stuff and you need the one that is 5/8" ( IDK what they call it on their site) it's the widest one in the pic, they have 1/4" & 3/8" and the real wide one also.

A pic of 16 hole Traditional & Trailready rings. The Slammerz are my personal favorite...

gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

You guys are awesome, thank you for the helpful pictures!

zion23, I have a fully decked out Wraith that I trail, but I never did any comp and don't know the crawling guys around here other than Dragonracing (Doug). I'm currently working on building an SCX-10 as well. I'm planning to check out the crawling/trailing events out here for sure, I currently just race regularly with the Seattle RC Racers
Old 01-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

are you on Facebook join our group you will get to talk to a bunch of great guys and we always post the gtg and comps there is a few comps this month in black diamond covingotn ultra 4 races also... look up nwscale rc pueget sound