Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: JConcepts "The Hold" 1.9" Performance Scaler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2023, 08:54 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default JConcepts "The Hold" 1.9" Performance Scaler

Greetings all,

Hope everyone is getting some trail time in this holiday season. We've been waiting half a year for cooler weather, so for us in the southwest, it's prime crawling time.

We just published our review on the JConcepts The Hold tire, and it's linked here. https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures...-the-hold.html

Currently in testing is the Proline Racing Hyrax for the SCX-6, running the 3Brc Anti-foams. We posted a short video on our YT channel from our testing this past weekend: https://youtu.be/35R1hr3xnJ4?si=xyKiqOw8eGBLkDNw

It's just a quick look at how the tire is doing, but it's only one of many video clips which will be included in the review when complete.

Thanks,

s.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2023, 12:07 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: JConcepts "The Hold" 1.9" Performance Scaler

Nice review on those Holds. Been eyeballing them but never quite pulled the trigger due to the odd tread design, but since I run a mix of trailing and crawling, I would feel confident buying these after your review.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 01:26 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Nice review on those Holds. Been eyeballing them but never quite pulled the trigger due to the odd tread design, but since I run a mix of trailing and crawling, I would feel confident buying these after your review.

I felt the same and was a bit surprised as to how well they performed. Glad you liked the review.! I'm looking to blend more short clips in with the text so you guys get to see the tires performing on the trail.

s
Old 11-20-2023, 05:55 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I liked both videos. I’m trying to convince my wife that I need and deserve a SCX6. Those Holds would look great on just about any rig so nice to know that they perform well also.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 06:51 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thank you and I appreciate the support. The SCX-6 is something special for us, and personally, it might be my favorite crawler. There is something which feels very "real" about the way it drives. If they go on a Black Friday sale or something like that, I'd jump on it.

I need to go back and update my SCX-6 review and get into a bit more detail about the Honcho setup. That said, it's still pretty factory, but it climbs far better than it should.

We will be sharing quite a bit on IG and YT over the next few weeks about the SCX-6 as we work our way through the testing.

s.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:39 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I've seen a few guys running Tusks up front and Holds in the rear. Seemed to work pretty well.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

JConcepts "The Hold" 1.9" Performance Scaler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New JConcepts 1.9" Fling Kings and The Hold tires durok Tires and Wheels 11 07-18-2022 06:55 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM