RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/)
-   -   Has anyone tried the INJORA KLRs? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/611280-has-anyone-tried-injora-klrs.html)

GTSLOW 09-10-2019 02:13 PM

Re: Has anyone tried the INJORA KLRs?

I got mine off aliexpress with aluminum beadlocks for $46 shipped. :O

soze 09-10-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTSLOW (Post 5961392)
I got mine off aliexpress with aluminum beadlocks for $46 shipped. :O

Good deal!

durok 09-10-2019 04:48 PM

My 2 sets (along with a set of inexpensive Injora wheels) arrived in my state early this morning - maybe I'll get them delivered shortly?

...but I'm off tomorrow, they should definitely be here sometime then.

Still have 2 unopened boxes of Boom Racing wheels, RC4WD TSL Thornbirds that haven't seen dirt yet, new SSD steelies, and my (also new) RTR Element Sendero General Grabbers might get mounted up on some unused LURC Trail Readys - I have GOT to stop procrastinating.

(but I do so love the smell of fresh rubber tires!)

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/me...HQ5O/giphy.gif

soze 09-10-2019 05:48 PM

One thing I don't like about the "knock-off" tires is the smell. It's like atrociously strong in fumes. The rubber just stinks up the place more than a Pro-Line tire.

durok 09-10-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5961449)
One thing I don't like about the "knock-off" tires is the smell. It's like atrociously strong in fumes. The rubber just stinks up the place more than a Pro-Line tire.

I still have some Purple Power, Simple Green, and Greased Lightning cleansing fluid to soak up any offensive stank... and remove any mold release! "thumbsup"

soze 09-10-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5961459)
I still have some Purple Power, Simple Green, and Greased Lightning cleansing fluid to soak up any offensive stank... and remove any mold release! "thumbsup"

I'm not sure it's the mold release. I bought a set of those KO super swampers. I literally soaked them for a month in simple green, and washed them multiple times. It's the rubber smell itself. Smells toxic. I just keep it in the garage.

durok 09-12-2019 05:33 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5961462)
I'm not sure it's the mold release. I bought a set of those KO super swampers. I literally soaked them for a month in simple green, and washed them multiple times. It's the rubber smell itself. Smells toxic. I just keep it in the garage.

Got my 2 sets in today finally, assembling one set now - maybe both by the end of the day if I feel like keeping all of 'em...

And I know this has been covered before here, but I think I'm deranged...

'Cuz I luv th' STANK!

:badger:

(it smells just like my local Discount Tires...)

Boom Racing Narrow 21mm Badass Classic 16-hole Steel & CNC Aluminum wheels w/Choodoo (Injora) KLR M/T X 1.9x1.3x4.19 tires:

Col_Sanders 09-17-2019 11:37 AM

$18 shipped for a set of 4 tires, or $48 shipped for tires and wheels. I'm gonna do it.

And I'm gonna have my wife make me one of those shirts. :lmao:

soze 09-17-2019 11:52 AM

It's funny, even though Ottsix isn't selling these, they lucked out that they still get free advertising because their name and website is still plastered on the side of the tires. :lmao:

JatoTheRipper 09-17-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col_Sanders (Post 5963043)
$18 shipped for a set of 4 tires, or $48 shipped for tires and wheels. I'm gonna do it.

And I'm gonna have my wife make me one of those shirts. :lmao:

I'd do it if I could find a set in the US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5963049)
It's funny, even though Ottsix isn't selling these, they lucked out that they still get free advertising because their name and website is still plastered on the side of the tires. :lmao:

Good point. Very true.

klampykixx 09-17-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5963049)

The reason that's a bad thing is people are not going to know they're knock off tires and with the logo on, with comparatively sucky performance, they're going to give "voodoo" versions a bad name.

So yeh on one hand any exposure is good exposure, but when it's shown that they're sh1tty tires it makes the proper KLR look terrible.

Yes people jump on these super cheap choodoos because voodoo are awesome, but these are quite average as you guys have noticed with the smell. Very obviously a different compound.

JatoTheRipper 09-17-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klampykixx (Post 5963086)
The reason that's a bad thing is people are not going to know they're knock off tires and with the logo on, with comparatively sucky performance, they're going to give "voodoo" versions a bad name.

So yeh on one hand any exposure is good exposure, but when it's shown that they're sh1tty tires it makes the proper KLR look terrible.

Yes people jump on these super cheap choodoos because voodoo are awesome, but these are quite average as you guys have noticed with the smell. Very obviously a different compound.

I'd argue the real KLRs are average and overpriced.

klampykixx 09-17-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5963099)
I'd argue the real KLRs are average and overpriced.

I'll agree with you on both points.

But the injora version is notably less quality than the voodoo version.

I've watched a vid comparing the two. Rock that should have been grippy, the choodoos just spun and slid. Where the voodoos just walked up and gripped.

klampykixx 09-17-2019 07:17 PM

https://youtu.be/xgNJUicRCV8

dezfan 09-17-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klampykixx (Post 5963109)

What a obviously biased review. 🤣

My Nottsix ChooDoo KLRs should be here anytime now.

Going on my Capra. 👍🏼

klampykixx 09-17-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 5963112)
What a obviously biased review. 🤣

What do you mean?

Im neither for or against the choodoos so I'm probably the least biased one here.

I had voodoo klr once and didn't like them. But that video is obvious on how crappy the compound is on the choodoos. If u can't see that for yourself then that's not my problem. :flipoff:

I'd buy a set of choodoos just to stick it to voodoo honestly. But I won't, because I'd rather buy tires that work. Someone said something about a dog?

dezfan 09-17-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klampykixx (Post 5963116)
What do you mean?

Im neither for or against the choodoos so I'm probably the least biased one here.

I had voodoo klr once and didn't like them. But that video is obvious on how crappy the compound is on the choodoos. If u can't see that for yourself then that's not my problem. :flipoff:

I'd buy a set of choodoos just to stick it to voodoo honestly. But I won't, because I'd rather buy tires that work. Someone said something about a dog?

The fact that those tires had a sheen, not wet rubber. But a sheen! As if they had been coated in cooking spray or some other type of lubricant for one.

The difference in the line chosen and amount and timing of throttle for another.

If you can’t see that, than you do indeed have a problem.:flipoff:

klampykixx 09-17-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 5963138)
The fact that those tires had a sheen, not wet rubber. But a sheen! As if they had been coated in cooking spray or some other type of lubricant for one.

So you're saying u think he put something on the tires to make them not work?

dezfan 09-17-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klampykixx (Post 5963140)
So you're saying u think he put something on the tires to make them not work?

Did you see how shiny they where?

Did you see them spinning on a flat surface?

I’ve been crawling long enough to have used Tamiya BFG Mud Terrains which where made from a VERY hard “rubber” that didn’t spin like that.

Now let’s take into consideration the VooDoo tires used in the comparison had been broken in, they had aftermarket foams (as I don’t believe VooDoo cone with any foams), they where driven differently, and they weren’t shiny?

Again, a biased review.

klampykixx 09-17-2019 08:49 PM

Are you sure they weren't just wet?

The rock he was driving on had water running in the first clip.