Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: My two new best tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default My two new best tools

As i get older using hand tools suck for putting in screws. I bought one of those Ryobi TEK4 4-Volt Screwdrivers a few weeks ago and man i am liking this thing everyday. Once you set the torque, it is perfect. Really saves my wrist. I do use the hand drivers for the tight spots but that is so rare now. It was a fairly expensive $$ switch with the screwdriver and bits but i should have done the switch a long time ago.

I have a Traxxas Slash 4x4 and use it at least 3-4 times a week. I crawl the Wraith at least once a week. I now have Yeti and not enough hands. Tired of carrying my rigs from the bumpers, I looked into regular old duffle bags to save some $$ but they didn't appeal to me. I found a few hauler bags from Hudy, Racers Edge, Pro Line, Wing Tote etc. They are crazy expensive so i looked for just the Slash since i use it the most. I found a JConcepts short course backpack that looked like it would fit the bill. I wasn't sure if i wanted to drop the $$ on what i thought was just a big backpack. I broke down and bought one for BF. I have only used it for 6 outings but wow. What a differene it is to carry just one bag and my case for my Tx. I have everything for a bash session in one bag. I would have paid full price without a doubt.

Sorry for the long read but i had to share my experience with these two small but very welcome "tool" upgrades.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My two new best tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
As i get older using hand tools suck for putting in screws. I bought one of those Ryobi TEK4 4-Volt Screwdrivers a few weeks ago and man i am liking this thing everyday. Once you set the torque, it is perfect. Really saves my wrist. I do use the hand drivers for the tight spots but that is so rare now. It was a fairly expensive $$ switch with the screwdriver and bits but i should have done the switch a long time ago.

I have a Traxxas Slash 4x4 and use it at least 3-4 times a week. I crawl the Wraith at least once a week. I now have Yeti and not enough hands. Tired of carrying my rigs from the bumpers, I looked into regular old duffle bags to save some $$ but they didn't appeal to me. I found a few hauler bags from Hudy, Racers Edge, Pro Line, Wing Tote etc. They are crazy expensive so i looked for just the Slash since i use it the most. I found a JConcepts short course backpack that looked like it would fit the bill. I wasn't sure if i wanted to drop the $$ on what i thought was just a big backpack. I broke down and bought one for BF. I have only used it for 6 outings but wow. What a differene it is to carry just one bag and my case for my Tx. I have everything for a bash session in one bag. I would have paid full price without a doubt.

Sorry for the long read but i had to share my experience with these two small but very welcome "tool" upgrades.
I bought one of the TEK4's on sale as a refurb for $17 a few months ago, haven't gotten around to using it because of the quick change chuck. I need to invest in a set of bits. Other than that, it looks like a decent little driver.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

my best old tools are my mind and my hands ....
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:48 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
Fuamuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
Sounds dirty to me........ Get 2
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
RCC Addict

there are a few things a powered driver would be good for
beadlocks with 16 screws per ring

but the love and attention by using hand power is priceless
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #7

I'm still using L shaped hex wrenches. Need to upgrade to a driver style set.
gambit023 is offline   Reply With Quote

My two new best tools - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to get tools? BAXTER Newbie General 8 06-24-2011 11:43 PM
tools !!!!!!!!!! lordjasper1988 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 9 12-11-2010 02:20 PM
tools codeman Newbie General 6 08-03-2009 06:02 PM
need help with how to use tools!! romeo26 Tools, and Procedures 13 06-04-2008 12:50 AM