Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: im new to the summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #1

Default im new to the summit

i was wondering if you all on this forum are happy with your summits im wanting to know so i know what to expect thanx guys
redcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #2

Default Re: im new to the summit

I enjoy my summit very much. The ability to switch gears and lock the differentials remotely makes for a very exciting truck. Out of the box, it's solid, with lots of customization options. Throw in some good LiPo's and it's a beast. The versatility is second to none... high speed jumps and dirt slinging action becomes rock crawling, mud chucking fun with the flip of a switch. The Traxxas Summit is a solid RC for any skill or experience level.
whitefox2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I just recently picked up a used summit and I love it! I wish I had bought one years ago. Since I got it I haven't touched any of my other RC's. It will go anywhere. I can run this thing wide open straight into a creek and keep trucking. I have a friend who ive been trying to get into RC for many years. He has always said "no way im paying that much for a rc car". Well 2 days after he saw my summit he had one ordered.
punishermustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #4

I got one on a trade last year and it has become my go to truck I beat it pretty hard and have only broke an axle which was my fault . It is the one truck I haven't put any money into it works great for me in stock form.

Sent from my HP Touch pad running ICS using tapatalk 2
pungohboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #5

Thumbs up Re: im new to the summit

cool guys i cant wait to explore all the terrain and fun i can have with this bad ass truck it was literally ripping the grass up by the roots and throwing roosts all the way thanx guys i appreciate the in put
Old 08-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #6

I love mine. It is a great basher . Its the one truck my wife likes out of all mine because its stock and I'm happy with it as it is. I have only broke an axle and that was my fault I got lazy when my son got it wrapped up in weeds and instead of bending over I took the controller locked the diffs hit reverse and pop the axle snapped. I back flip it off trees go fast crawl around trail run its a good all around truck.
pungohboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:12 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

The Summit is a fantastic truck even in stock form. Not to say it doesn't have shortcomings stock but it is quite capable without having to sink $$$ into it. In my opinion the term "crawler" doesn't apply to the Summit, only because I own an XR10 based Chaotic Switch, so the Summit has a lot to live up to . Having said that, it can tackle some pretty rough terrain but just not to the same degree as a dedicated "comp" style crawler. For instance, it will turn turtle rather quickly on inclines that MOA low COG crawlers would eat for brekkie. I recommend it as a trail truck, something that you can go hit the hiking trails with and negotiate most, if not all, obstacles that you would normally find in these conditions. And when you happen on some open ground, just flip the switch to high gear and you can burn around like a maniac for a bit. When it's time to hit the trails again, gear down, lock your diff(s) and head for home. It really is like having several trucks in one and I doubt many RC car/truck fans wouldn't be happy to own the Summit.
australiancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

I bought mine in May and have used it and enjoyed it every week . I had a Nylint Jeep Rockcrawler before it and liked the size so I put the Jeep body on the Summit . The only thing I `ve had to repair so far is a broken axle . What a machine.
Hards1.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

The biggest problem with the summit as stated by our friend from down under is traxxas labeling it as a crawler. Its not a crawler although it is the most capable offroad machine out there. This truck receives a lot of criticisms and most of it goes back to traxxas and the shitty marketing behind it. In my opinion everyone should have a summit to enjoy. Fun factor =10
stickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #10

I think most of these fellas have hit the nail on the head. The Summit is a fantastic rig! You won't be disappointed. I have 2 of them and they are great all around off road rc's. In my 22 years of being in this hobby this is one of the best rigs I've ever owned. Enjoy!
RcTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #11

Thumbs up thanx fellas

it is literally the best rc ive EVER owned i made a killer mud pit/tank trap i didnt have to lock the diffs to obliterate the obsticals its a freakin ANIMAL BEAST
Old 08-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

You get what you pay for!!!!
smuggl1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:05 AM   #13

You will not be disappointed! In the old days a sprinkler would put your rc out of commission! I now have the most fun with the summit in winter on the snow and slush then crawling giant piles once it freezes overnight!
jeep454 is offline   Reply With Quote

im new to the summit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Summit boostedevil Traxxas Crawlers 4 07-15-2010 07:03 AM