Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Fellas i got a question for you all.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Fellas i got a question for you all.

im wanting a crawler bad....been messin with the RC stuff for a while now i have 2 Nitros and then 2 Traxxas Stampedes.
one of the nitros is an older 4910 TMaxx 2.5 that im thinkin about building a crawler out of instead of just buying a crawler.
i have a ton of extra parts for the Stampedes and also the Tmaxx...was thinking about taking and using the Tmaxx trans, and front and rear axles and somehow adapting them to one of the stock Stampede Chassis i have laying around. and putting an Elect motor on it....does this seem doable?
i also have a Stampede trans as well. would it be better to use than the Tmaxx trans? the Tmaxx trans still has the 2 speed setup in it but i have put in a FOC (forward only conversion) in it so it has no reverse.
just looking for some general ideas to see which way would be better.

or would i be better off buying a chassis of sometype?
im new to all the crawler RC stuff but wanting one pretty bad. was planning on selling the Nitros i have and buying a RTC AX-10 kit from the LHS but thought i would maybe be better off building one with the Tmaxx and other parts i have.

im not wanting to comp this thing just make a nice crawler to bash with
champ198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

If i was you and had a limited budget and wanted to build one outta stuff i had i would take the tmazz stuff and buy a used or new emaxx chassis. I know the bulk heads front and rear will bolt right up to it and almost positive the trans will as well. and throw some thick diff fluid in the front and a spool in the rear. and have a capable crawler but stull be able the jump and bash it pretty hard.
rickrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Use the front and rear axles from the tmaxx and the tranny from the stampede. You can lock the diffs real easy with some jb weld in the spider gear housing and for the stampede tranny just take 1 or 2 extra planetary gears and cut them in half (not easy but it works great and is reversible). You have to grind out some of the housing to get the half gears in but its not too bad. You could run with independant suspension or you could lock the axles and run a 4 link.
mazdaparts is offline   Reply With Quote