Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Want a TRX4 for 15% Off?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #1

Default Want a TRX4 for 15% Off?

Hey folks,
Hope it's kosher to post this here... I haven't seen this posted in this specific forum (might have been posted else where on Rccrawler?), but I wanted to share a tip to getting a discount on a TRX4 of whatever flavor you fancy. Typically when Amain or other large hobby shops have % off sitewide coupon codes, they do not work for Traxxas products, so getting a deal can sometimes feel impossible.

Ebay has a 15% off code (PLAYTIME15) that applies to one purchase in the Toys and Games categories. I will post the terms and conditions below to save you some hunting, but the most important thing to know is that it's good for today (December 13th) only, expiring at 11:59PM.

I picked up my TRX4 kit in November using the same type of coupon and saved $51.25 on the purchase, for a total of $318.75. Pretty slick. The way this works is you buy an item and Ebay pays 15% of the cost, netting you 15% savings. If you plan on buying more than one item with the discount code, make sure to add the item to your cart, then checkout once you have added everything you want to purchase.

Examples of some deals:
TRX4 Kit $370 - 15% off = $318.75
Bronco $450 - 15% off = $382.50
Defender $450 - 15% off = $382.50

Keep in mind this applies to parts as well...

A link to the deal:
https://www.ebay.com/deals

Terms and Conditions can be found at the bottom of this page:
https://www.ebay.com/rpp/december-do...98938411640502
theMANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Want a TRX4 for 15% Off?

Old news, ebay's 10%, 15% and occasionally 20% off sales have been discussed here numerous times. Do a search.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If you'll notice, currently all the standard color TRX-4 Defenders (using them as the example because I am not interested in the others) on fleaBay are list price PLUS a rather sizeable shipping fee...nearly $40.

Using the coupon code doesn't save hardly anything today (roughly $30) over buying one with free shipping from a reputable dealer.

And, there's only 1 left of each color, be interesting to see if they pull a bait and switch, claiming that they sold out just before the order was made.

I frankly am not going to budget the cost of one until I unload my like-new Nomad DB8 buggy...

Used the coupon on some SS links for my 2nd Bomber build instead.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
If you'll notice, currently all the standard color TRX-4 Defenders (using them as the example because I am not interested in the others) on fleaBay are list price PLUS a rather sizeable shipping fee...nearly $40.
I noticed this last time I went looking for TRX-4 stuff on ebay. If you just type "TRX-4" into the search bar, it defaults to looking for items in the Automotive category for some reason (hence the limited results and no reputable ebay sellers). Change the category to Toys & Hobbies and you will get the results (and prices) you would expect.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMANIMAL View Post
Ebay has a 15% off code (PLAYTIME15) that applies to one purchase in the Toys and Games categories. I will post the terms and conditions below to save you some hunting, but the most important thing to know is that it's good for today (December 13th) only, expiring at 11:59PM.
eBay deals are posted and discussed here - just an FYI for the future.

ebay 15% Coupon.

Quote:

Using the coupon code doesn't save hardly anything today (roughly $30) over buying one with free shipping from a reputable dealer.

And, there's only 1 left of each color, be interesting to see if they pull a bait and switch, claiming that they sold out just before the order was made.

I frankly am not going to budget the cost of one until I unload my like-new Nomad DB8 buggy...

Used the coupon on some SS links for my 2nd Bomber build instead.
Ah you need to improve your Search Fu! They try to hide things you want during sales, but if you search you will find better results.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

You guys lucky you dont buy trx4's here in Canada. Defender $681.45 with tax , Bronco $618.45, Sport $481.95 !!
83trekker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:13 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I noticed this last time I went looking for TRX-4 stuff on ebay. If you just type "TRX-4" into the search bar, it defaults to looking for items in the Automotive category for some reason (hence the limited results and no reputable ebay sellers). Change the category to Toys & Hobbies and you will get the results (and prices) you would expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
eBay deals are posted and discussed here - just an FYI for the future.

ebay 15% Coupon.

Ah you need to improve your Search Fu! They try to hide things you want during sales, but if you search you will find better results.
Ah, just tried changing parameters, saw the free shipping sellers...

No worries, I really need to focus on finishing my other builds before picking up a TRX-4.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Ah, just tried changing parameters, saw the free shipping sellers...

No worries, I really need to focus on finishing my other builds before picking up a TRX-4.
Now you know for next sale!

The struggle is real. I almost picked up a Cross-RC GC4 or TRX-4 Sport during the 15% off sale when my Rock Rey build isn't even started yet.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Now you know for next sale!

The struggle is real. I almost picked up a Cross-RC GC4 or TRX-4 Sport during the 15% off sale when my Rock Rey build isn't even started yet.
I picked up the Venture. I have a problem. LOL!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I picked up the Venture. I have a problem. LOL!
Nice! I think you'll like it.

I share that same problem...
Old 12-14-2018, 01:18 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMANIMAL View Post
Hey folks,
Hope it's kosher to post this here... I haven't seen this posted in this specific forum (might have been posted else where on Rccrawler?), but I wanted to share a tip to getting a discount on a TRX4 of whatever flavor you fancy. Typically when Amain or other large hobby shops have % off sitewide coupon codes, they do not work for Traxxas products, so getting a deal can sometimes feel impossible.

I picked up my TRX4 kit in November using the same type of coupon and saved $51.25 on the purchase, for a total of $318.75. Pretty slick. The way this works is you buy an item and Ebay pays 15% of the cost, netting you 15% savings. If you plan on buying more than one item with the discount code, make sure to add the item to your cart, then checkout once you have added everything you want to purchase.

Examples of some deals:
TRX4 Kit $370 - 15% off = $318.75
Bronco $450 - 15% off = $382.50
Defender $450 - 15% off = $382.50

Keep in mind this applies to parts as well...

A link to the deal:
https://www.ebay.com/deals

Terms and Conditions can be found at the bottom of this page:
https://www.ebay.com/rpp/december-do...98938411640502
I'm glad you posted it...regardless of whether it's posted elsewhere, because I wouldn't have thought to search the forum for discount options. So thank you!

Now...what to buy...says the devil on one shoulder.

You have a Gen8 on order already says the angel on the other shoulder. (whom I ignore frequently...)
VaOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaOldSchool View Post
I'm glad you posted it...regardless of whether it's posted elsewhere, because I wouldn't have thought to search the forum for discount options. So thank you!

Now...what to buy...says the devil on one shoulder.

You have a Gen8 on order already says the angel on the other shoulder. (whom I ignore frequently...)
I think you missed out. That was yesterday's coupon.

Keep an eye on this thread. - ebay 15% Coupon.

A bunch of us regularly keep it updated with ebay coupons that come up.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

I used the 15% Ebay coupon on a Axial Bomber RTR. I have three TRX4s already thought I’d try something else this time.
GForceSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Want a TRX4 for 15% Off? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bilinvic's TRX4 bilinvic Traxxas TRX-4 133 01-31-2020 10:20 AM
Trx4 kit or trx4 sport mebeknob Newbie General 10 09-26-2018 10:38 PM
TRX4 #3 (like I need another one) Inspector86 Traxxas TRX-4 7 04-05-2018 05:08 PM
Trx4 telemetry cartronicshn Traxxas TRX-4 1 11-05-2017 11:49 PM