Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Rules

Notices

Thread: Sportsmanship in 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Sportsmanship in 2010

I can see where this can help make the events more family friendly. BUT, how about shooting people with airsoft at an event. I saw at worlds where someone shot into a group of people including small kids. I know if my kid got shot, it would eventually involve the Police. Either me calling them, or someone else calling them because I jammed an airsoft gun up someones ass.

And no alchoholic beverages on course during a comp. That one is going to be a biggie for lots of people. I can take it or leave it, but beer seems to power most people at these events. It should be interesting to say the least.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknuts View Post
I can see where this can help make the events more family friendly. BUT, how about shooting people with airsoft at an event. I saw at worlds where someone shot into a group of people including small kids. I know if my kid got shot, it would eventually involve the Police. Either me calling them, or someone else calling them because I jammed an airsoft gun up someones ass.

And no alchoholic beverages on course during a comp. That one is going to be a biggie for lots of people. I can take it or leave it, but beer seems to power most people at these events. It should be interesting to say the least.
The alcohol rule says on the course. So they way I read that while driving or judging no boozing.. Because no one else should be on the course at that time. so they can all still get drunk
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
20K Club

Quote:

The rule was written to give the marshals the ability and leg to stand on to make such a call. Before there was nothing in the rules that would give us event organizers any power to tell someone that being drunk or being a dumbass that they were going to be DQ'd. We just wanted to give the power to the people that should be making the decisions.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Really,,,, If you want to drink, stay home, or go to a bar. Silly drunk, this is for rock crawling.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
MWRCA'er

Really its up to your club or the club putting on the event to take action. The rule book only places guidelines not laws.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
Really its up to your club or the club putting on the event to take action. The rule book only places guidelines not laws.
Exactly, just gives you the ability to enforce what you feel is appropriate.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
The rule was written to give the marshals the ability and leg to stand on to make such a call. Before there was nothing in the rules that would give us event organizers any power to tell someone that being drunk or being a dumbass that they were going to be DQ'd. We just wanted to give the power to the people that should be making the decisions.
Safety, and respect for others, first. This is a good thing.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Exactly, just gives you the ability to enforce what you feel is appropriate.

More gray area. What some people feel is appropriate (shooting airsoft at kids) others don't.

No alchohol means that, none. If it means none while "on course" than they should state "while driving a course."

I can see from a safety standpoint that we probably should not be drinking and climbing around on rocks. I support the idea, I would just like to see it clarified.

Being grown ass men we might let out a curse word or 10 if things don't go our way. But it could get out of control. Also, throwing cars should be an imediate DQ for the whole show. If you can't keep yourself together enough to not throw your car, you probably need to address your anger issues.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #9
MODERHATER™

So if I throw my car, for fun, not out of anger, because I like to destroy, should I be DQ'ed?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
So if I throw my car, for fun, not out of anger, because I like to destroy, should I be DQ'ed?

Throwing cars could injure somebody. If you want to break your 1.9 again, stomp it.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Throw out of anger = DQ

Throw for pleasure = No DQ
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #12
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Throwing cars could injure somebody. If you want to break your 1.9 again, stomp it.
Well I always use common sense and not throw at someone. I guess I will refrain from throwing my car since it bothers you.

Coulda swore I heard something about you throwing as well, you onboard?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

A flying object that accidentally hurts someone is an accident that shouldn't have happened, despite any "pleasurable" intentions of the thrower.

We all know what happened to Brian recently while on the rocks. All we need is some drunk asshole killing himself or hurting someone else: it'd make great headlines for the lack of professionalism, those offering insurance may raise eyebrows and fees, and landowners providing space may think twice before letting anyone crawl there again.

I like my buzz, in several forms...but if we can't pause and put away the beer for a few minutes while we're on the course, there's just something wrong with our priorities. I'm all down for us being adults and suffering the consequences for our actions, but history clearly shows some folks can't handle that responsibility without affecting other people.

Last edited by JeepinOR; 01-03-2010 at 09:22 AM.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I don't know about the rest of it, but if somebody shot an airsoft into a crowd, they should have been immediately removed, and possibly banned from future events. That's ridiculous. I've engaged in airsoft & paintball battles, but never without proper eye protection. Shooting at people who are not wearing proper protection is ridiculous.

As for the drinking and other behavior, often times we hold our comps on public property or on somebody else's property. Repectful behavior is necessary in order to keep these places open to us. If people are acting like idiots & endangering themselves and others, we're going to face property closures just as we have with our 1:1 trail systems.

If you need to drink to have fun, then you're a sad individual. There's plenty of time for that afterward...
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well I always use common sense and not throw at someone. I guess I will refrain from throwing my car since it bothers you.

Coulda swore I heard something about you throwing as well, you onboard?

I have done alot of shitty things, but throwing my car is not one of them. I tend to not break my shit for fun, or even out of anger.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
I don't know about the rest of it, but if somebody shot an airsoft into a crowd, they should have been immediately removed, and possibly banned from future events. That's ridiculous. I've engaged in airsoft & paintball battles, but never without proper eye protection. Shooting at people who are not wearing proper protection is ridiculous.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

This cracks me up.
Shooting a kid with a air soft WRONG
Shooting another A$$ Hole with a air soft FUNNY.

Drinking will standing on a course LOOKS BAD IN PICTURES so they say
Drinking while standing at the truck I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

Throwing a truck because your pissed STUPID
Throwing your truck off the side of a hill like Jeff did at the 08 Nationals so we could walk down to take a group picture WAS GREAT!!!!!!!

With that said I do not Throw my truck in anger because it looks bad.
I do not throw my truck for fun because I have to fix it if it breaks.

I do keep beer in the cooler and yes I will drink 1 or 2 to settle my nerves.
I do not drink to get drunk I hate hangovers.

I do not shoot people with air soft guns because I do not own one.
But I am always ready do dodge flying objects what ever they may be.
And I am really good at jumping out of the way of really quite RC's with something on the front that just does not look right.
Now the wife not so muchShe was the unintentional victim of BADGER in 08 with his stealth RC that had a mortar full of flower on the front.
Did she get mad NOPE did we all laugh HELL YEAH!!!!!
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yes.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #19
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Throw out of anger = DQ

Throw for pleasure = No DQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post
Yes.
Haha! You guys can't even agree!

Crack me up!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Haha! You guys can't even agree!

Crack me up!
First off I was making a joke.....notice the smiley

Second its not a rule....just an opinion :?
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote