Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Fender Strat...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2021, 03:55 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Fender Strat...

So... Think back to when you first started to learn to play the guitar. You learn a few chords and you can half assed play a song or two... Then, you go to the guitar shop, and grab the Fender Strat off the wall... The $3000 American made that you know you can't afford. After that, everything you own is crap, lol.

Enter the VS4-10 Pro.

I had some scratch money and I decided to pull the trigger. NOT DISAPPOINTED IN ANY WAY!

I'm not doing a full build thread as there have been plenty of those. This is just my thoughts on the rig and some pics for anyone who might be interested.

Let me start with the axles, Any pics or video you've ever seen DO NOT do justice to how sexy and clean these things are.

This is the second VS chassis and VFD I've built. I didn't think I'd notice, but the Pro VFD is significantly smoother. I assume this is thanks to the machined gears. HH Puller Pro V2 2200kv, 14t pinion, Mamba X, on 4s 1500.

Shocks - I've seen loads of complaints and videos talking about how leaky the Incision Shocks are but I thought I'd give them a go anyway. I fully disassembled them, cleaned everything, lubed with ProTek Premier grease, and filled all four with Losi 50wt. Soft springs up front, Medium in the rear. They sat for 3 days on my work bench, ran for over an hour today and no leaks so far as well as silky smoove operation.

A Reef's 422HD for stearing and the VP 20mm servo horn for control.

Now for my only complaint of the whole kit... The tie rod and drag link... All in all this isn't a big deal, but I had to shorten the drag link almost 1/8" and the tie rod needed to be almost 1/8" longer. I was able to shake it all out but given the cost of the kit, I would not have expected this. The links are pretty burly and I like the finish.

The pic really doesn't show how far off the steering was before being corrected.

I trimmed up the rear batter plate to shave a few grams and allow the battery to sit where I want it. A Traxxas RX box up front and a little wax line to tidy the wires.

Here are the obligatory stove top pics...

The wheels I want are out of stock so "Chanquish" for now. Pitt Bull Growler A/T Komp compound with Ottsix Halo red dot foams.

Here are some pics of the first outing.

If you made it this far, thank you. I hope you enjoy the read. Cheers!

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2021, 08:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Fender Strat...

It looks great!!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:22 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Saving my pennies for one!
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:28 AM   #4
Go Buckeyes!

I hear ya on the guitar! When I learned to half-a$$ play I instantly started looking at the American Strats! I just haven't pulled the trigger on them beauty's yet!

Congrats on getting the PRO! I sure do love them sexy axles too!

Glad to hear your having good luck with the Incision shocks! I do like them, but I couldn't get mine to hold oil. I really need to go back and rebuild mine again and see if I can get them to be leak free.

Great stove-top pics! Great color choice! Looks awesome!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:27 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thanks bro! I'm on the west side of Indianapolis, we should meet up and wheel one weekend. As far as the shocks go, I really don't feel like I did anything special. Also the first time I've used the Protek lube, seems to be doing well so far.

Lou
Old 04-01-2021, 06:36 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Thanks bro! I'm on the west side of Indianapolis, we should meet up and wheel one weekend. As far as the shocks go, I really don't feel like I did anything special. Also the first time I've used the Protek lube, seems to be doing well so far.

Lou
That would be cool, but looks like about a 4 hour drive! I'm about an hour north of Columbus, OH. Summers are always busy for me and it's hard to find the time to drive any longer than a couple hours. Maybe sometime we can get out and do some wheeling!

I'll be taking another look at my shocks. The only thing I didn't do was check the single o-ring that is on the threaded insert in the bottom of the shock. I've heard that a some of these were found to be ripped when installed from the factory.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:28 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
That would be cool, but looks like about a 4 hour drive! I'm about an hour north of Columbus, OH. Summers are always busy for me and it's hard to find the time to drive any longer than a couple hours. Maybe sometime we can get out and do some wheeling!

I'll be taking another look at my shocks. The only thing I didn't do was check the single o-ring that is on the threaded insert in the bottom of the shock. I've heard that a some of these were found to be ripped when installed from the factory.

I once drove from southern indiana to philly just for a samich... I could prolly shake out a weekend trip sometime

My shocks did not have a single o-ring at the bottom cap, I have two x-rings with a nylon spacer in the middle and nylon step washers top and bottom...

Lou
Old 04-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I really like that purple... looks almost plum crazy lol. Nice wheel/ tire choice too.

Now if anyone up there wants to drive about 22 hrs one way, I'm down for some jamming since I've got an Am-Std Strat... and I think a couple others.

BTW- My wife grew up around Indianapolis and our best friends live in Plainfield! I grew up around Columbus and remember driving to the Hoosier Dome for Monsters of Rock back in 1988... good times.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:47 AM   #9
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I once drove from southern indiana to philly just for a samich... I could prolly shake out a weekend trip sometime

My shocks did not have a single o-ring at the bottom cap, I have two x-rings with a nylon spacer in the middle and nylon step washers top and bottom...

Lou
Now that must have been one hell of a samich!

Here is the o-ring I am talking about. I did not know that there was another o-ring in the shocks until someone pointed it out to me. This is the o-ring that some say may be damaged and cause leaking.

Name:  o-ring.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  69.4 KB
Old 04-07-2021, 06:15 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I totally missed that O-ring, I assumed the threaded lower was part of the shock body. I did not even attempt to take that apart. So far, still no leaks so I'm leaving it, lol. Thanks for pointing that out.

Lou
Old 04-07-2021, 06:25 AM   #11
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I totally missed that O-ring, I assumed the threaded lower was part of the shock body. I did not even attempt to take that apart. So far, still no leaks so I'm leaving it, lol. Thanks for pointing that out.

Lou
Yeah, same here! I had no idea there was an o-ring in there until someone mentioned it. I did hear they can be a pain to remove.

Glad to hear no leaks! I'd leave it alone too!

Your welcome!

Fender Strat... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inner Fender well fitting. camaro_iroc87 General Crawlers 1 04-10-2019 11:20 AM
Fender flares Straxus Paint and Body 2 05-30-2014 07:00 PM
Fender help SerpentCT4S Axial SCX-10 0 02-16-2013 07:47 PM
Inner fender demonoid369 General Scale Talk 26 04-30-2011 07:53 PM