Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: On the VS4-10 Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2019, 05:20 PM   #1

Default On the VS4-10 Pro

Hi! I have been a lurker here on RCC for awhile now. A little background before I get started: I've owned and sold an Axial SCX10 and SCX10 II.
I want my next venture into Crawling to be top quality as far as components and kits go. I've naturally been eyeballing the Vanquish VS4-10 Pro Clear kit.

I've been convinced that the quality of the build is unmatched because of the legendary Vanquish name, but what I'm not so sure of is the performance. It seems every video that I watch or forum that I read I get conflicting answers. "The vs410 is trash when it comes to crawling" or "the vs410 is miles ahead of axial or traxxas" are common themes on both sides.

I just visited my local hobby shop and asked about the kit. The owner was very friendly and mentioned he would gladly order it for me but then went on to mention he's got a buddy who's years deep into RC crawling and purchased the vs410 (mind you I don't know if he was talking the pro or the origin kit) and said he went back to axial.

All this to say I would appreciate any and all guidance or suggestions from you friendly lot here at RCC before I make a hefty investment back into the hobby. Thanks in advance!
Zealot RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2019, 05:30 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: On the VS4-10 Pro

Not sure what axial possibly could have that’s better than any version of the VS4. I’ve got both axial and VS4, and simply put needed about twice as much $$$ to make the two equal.
Most stock axial parts were ditched for strength. I did keep the stock axial frame rails!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Not sure what axial possibly could have that’s better than any version of the VS4. I’ve got both axial and VS4, and simply put needed about twice as much $$$ to make the two equal.
Most stock axial parts were ditched for strength. I did keep the stock axial frame rails!
This is the basis I've been working from. I appreciate your response.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:01 PM   #4

Is the hobby shop owner a hardcore competitor? If not he sounds like an Axial fanboy.

It's rare to find a person that owns a stock Axial and there's good reason for that as you probably already know.

Checkout videos of the Origin. It's pretty impressive.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 08:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Is the hobby shop owner a hardcore competitor? If not he sounds like an Axial fanboy.

It's rare to find a person that owns a stock Axial and there's good reason for that as you probably already know.

Checkout videos of the Origin. It's pretty impressive.

I do not know. The owner said it was his buddy. I can't really go off that sooo. lol
Old 11-23-2019, 08:28 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I picked up the VS4 Pro when it first came out. I was immediately impressed by the quality and workmanship on the CNC parts. When I took it out for the first trail run I had only tested it on the bench so it was going to be a sink or swim day. All I can say is WOW did it impress me. It handled everything I could through at it. I have since tweaked a couple small things since the first run and it only gets better. It’s me go to truck in me fleet ( HPI Venture build kit,SCX10.2,and a TRX4 ). I don’t think that you would be disappointed with it if you were to pick one up. It’s very predictable and stable. Overdrive front is very nice when climbing. Hopefully this helps you out. I am not a VP fanboy by no means and if I were a fanboy of any it would be AE which I own several race vehicles but not the Element (just yet).
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
I picked up the VS4 Pro when it first came out. I was immediately impressed by the quality and workmanship on the CNC parts. When I took it out for the first trail run I had only tested it on the bench so it was going to be a sink or swim day. All I can say is WOW did it impress me. It handled everything I could through at it. I have since tweaked a couple small things since the first run and it only gets better. It’s me go to truck in me fleet ( HPI Venture build kit,SCX10.2,and a TRX4 ). I don’t think that you would be disappointed with it if you were to pick one up. It’s very predictable and stable. Overdrive front is very nice when climbing. Hopefully this helps you out. I am not a VP fanboy by no means and if I were a fanboy of any it would be AE which I own several race vehicles but not the Element (just yet).

Thanks for your input! What small things did you find you needed to tweak?
Old 11-23-2019, 09:16 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot RC View Post
Thanks for your input! What small things did you find you needed to tweak?
I changed out the oil and springs. I like playing around with those things. I do have a build thread on it.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:47 AM   #9
Go Buckeyes!

I own both the VP VS4-10 Origin and PRO. The quality and engineering that goes into these rigs is by far superior over any Axial kit on the market.

These rigs are built solid and are very predictable to drive. The price may seem to be pricey, but there is very little that will need to be upgraded out of the box. In fact, I have less money in my PRO than I do in my upgraded SCX10.2 and the 10.2 still does not have near the performance and drivability that the PRO has.

I agree with Jato, watch videos and check out the build threads here on RCC. I too have a couple build threads on here also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #10
RCC Addict

The Origin was pretty much an SCX10 II that had been fully built with VP parts. It had a higher clearance chassis and offset front diff, but the rest was pretty much VP's standard upgrades for a 10.2. The Pro has a better transmission setup and for that reason, it was my choice and I am very happy with it. It does very well. I wish it had more overdrive but I'm sure VP will fix that soon.

The only reason I can think of that a person would pick an Axial over a Pro is price, but the truth is when you buy an Axial, you are most likely going to sink a ton of money into upgrades and be over the price of the Pro anyway. Maybe he is hoping you will buy the Axial and then buy a ton of upgrades from him.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Maybe he is hoping you will buy the Axial and then buy a ton of upgrades from him.
Bingo
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
The Origin was pretty much an SCX10 II that had been fully built with VP parts. It had a higher clearance chassis and offset front diff, but the rest was pretty much VP's standard upgrades for a 10.2. The Pro has a better transmission setup and for that reason, it was my choice and I am very happy with it. It does very well. I wish it had more overdrive but I'm sure VP will fix that soon.

The only reason I can think of that a person would pick an Axial over a Pro is price, but the truth is when you buy an Axial, you are most likely going to sink a ton of money into upgrades and be over the price of the Pro anyway. Maybe he is hoping you will buy the Axial and then buy a ton of upgrades from him.

Yeah I’m not ruling that possibility out. It was a nice shop though and I’m happy to know there’s a local shop with tons of part support in case I need something day of.

I pulled the trigger and ordered the pro kit (clear) last night! Thanks for all the input everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot RC View Post
Yeah I’m not ruling that possibility out. It was a nice shop though and I’m happy to know there’s a local shop with tons of part support in case I need something day of.

I pulled the trigger and ordered the pro kit (clear) last night! Thanks for all the input everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep us updated on it with your thoughts

Heck start a build thread for it
Old 11-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #14

Thanks everyone for your input! I ordered the Pro kit (clear) last night! I'm pumped! Looking forward to a great build!

If anyone was interested here's the rest of the build that I am currently saving up for:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/account...fshow%2f388205

Slow and steady wins the race. Hoping to get a few of these items on black friday or hopefully some come for Christmas

thanks again!

On the VS4-10 Pro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carpetfuzz's VS4-10 PRO carpetfuzz17 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 152 03-22-2021 06:29 PM
VS4-10 pro J55TTC Videos! 0 08-22-2019 09:29 AM
Celt's VS4-10 Pro celt Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 3 07-28-2019 07:04 PM