Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: New Vanquish VS4-10 FORDYCE RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2023, 06:46 AM   #1
Go Buckeyes!

Default New Vanquish VS4-10 FORDYCE RTR

I haven't seen anyone mention the new release from Vanquish yet.

What's everyone's thoughts on the new VS4-10 Fordyce?

Name:  Fordyce 8-23-2023.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  154.2 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2023, 07:29 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Vanquish VS4-10 FORDYCE RTR

I like the proportions of the new body over the Phoenix. It could still be a bit narrower at the roof line imo, but a nice improvement all the same. The rest of the car looks fine. I suspect it's a bit lighter than the Phoenix. If they offered that setup as a builders kit (no body, wheels or tires) it might be a nice option for a comp conversion.

Either way I'm not in the market for a new car that's mostly like one of my current cars, but I might be a minority in that respect. Lol

It's probably going to be a more profitable car for them, and I hope they sell a lot. That'll enable them to produce the fancy items that might not be as much so.

One initial item I saw that I don't care for is the 1pc gear/locker. Seems on the cheap side. I saw Josh comment somewhere that he was running one in his speed run vs410 build for testing so it'll probably be fine. Time will tell.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 07:58 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

This release is good, love the body and although I not in the market for an RTR I will for sure pick up the front Cab and grill when available... This truck gives more options for their line up with a bit on change between their available RTR's and Kits. As Josh has mentioned that kits don't really sell as much as RTR's and given these are great platforms they will probably spread more into other users rather than continue to mostly target more exclusive costumers with the Higher end parts like aluminum axles and part upgrades. All this while maintaining those premium items available to all who wants to cough up the coin. I like it and as mentioned it will keep them going and continue to provide us with new platforms and parts for our hobby.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 08:26 AM   #4
Slow is the new Fast

VP is playing the market in an effort to sell more trucks. Lowering prices and claiming performance gains. The new cab is a nice option. Would have been nice to see some reshaping of the bed side panels for variety.
I would considee that cab to put on my Phoenix straight axle kit when I get around to building it
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 08:59 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I’m happy for the release, at first glance I like the body more than the Phoenix body. Videos I’ve see. Show the fordyce to look taller than the Phoenix, not sure if that’s in the body, suspension, or what, but it could be an effort to reduce tire contact on the front fenders.

Not sure I’ll be getting one for myself anytime soon, but I feel like it will be a great rig either bone stock, or as a starting point for a more involved build.

I’m super happy to see:

Standard vfd
Updated plastic beadlocks
Falken tires stock
Bedsides included

Less excited about:

One piece ring gear/spool
RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 09:15 AM   #6

I'm really liking this. As soon as it's available in kit form I think I'm going to go for it
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 09:35 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I'm really liking this. As soon as it's available in kit form I think I'm going to go for it

Fwiw Josh said there are no plans to offer it in kit form as of now.

Old 08-27-2023, 01:48 AM   #8
RCC Addict

I already want that cab for a custom build of some kind. Hopefully, someone in my group of locals will show up with one so I can get a closer look at it.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 07:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Fwiw Josh said there are no plans to offer it in kit form as of now.

Figures. Oh well. I'm not dropping all that cash into a rig that I'd immediately replace the electronics in, plus I'd rather a custom paint scheme too.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 06:19 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I like that it has the OG VFD instead of the twin. Also happy to see some decent tires included. I cant quite decide it I like the body or not. The cab looks a little tall. Is it narrower than the Phoenix or does it just look that way because its taller?

Not sure how dropping to a simpler transmission and sintered one piece locker/ring gear only gets a $20 cost reduction.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 08:09 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I like that it has the OG VFD instead of the twin. Also happy to see some decent tires included. I cant quite decide it I like the body or not. The cab looks a little tall. Is it narrower than the Phoenix or does it just look that way because its taller?

Not sure how dropping to a simpler transmission and sintered one piece locker/ring gear only gets a $20 cost reduction.

I’m with you on the body, I think I like it better than the Phoenix, but there are certain proportions and angles that are iffy.

The rear bed cage and bed sides are identical to the Phoenix, so based on that the cab appears to be the same width. Overall it seems higher.

I stole a side by side photo of a fordyce and Phoenix from someone on Facebook, it gives a good reference to that.

As far as the pricing goes, the fordyce includes bedsides unlike the Phoenix rtr, and the retail on those separate is quite high. That’s just one factor though.
Old 08-30-2023, 09:20 AM   #12
Go Buckeyes!

I also agree on the body. The first glimpse I got of it I thought the body looked odd. To me the windshield area looked really high. Though I have to say, the more I see it the more I'm liking it. Seeing more of it in videos has helped me like the look a whole lot better.

I think dropping the suspension down and getting the body to sit lower would make it look better..

Overall, I'm happy to see Vanquish offer this rig. I like that it has the Ultra OG VFD trans for a simpler design without the extra weight and gearing that the VFD Twin has. Also nice to see that it has the F10 straight axles under it.

I do wish that this would be available in KIT form, but I do understand why most manufacturers have decided to take the RTR route. Not sure if I will pick one up right away, but may in get one in the future.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:33 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Josh mentioned that the fordyce body uses the same slider parts as the phoenix, so the bodies mount the same. The cab does look a bit taller, but i kinda like the looks of it otherwise. Santa may have to add one or two to the bag this yr lol
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:28 AM   #14
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Josh mentioned that the fordyce body uses the same slider parts as the phoenix, so the bodies mount the same. The cab does look a bit taller, but i kinda like the looks of it otherwise. Santa may have to add one or two to the bag this yr lol
I do agree. I am coming around to liking the body better. I did catch the vid from Josh and Brandon yesterday talking about the new Fordyce. Brandon did say that scaling down bodies is hard to get the right proportions.

I'm going to be putting extra cookies out this year for Santa in hopes he leaves me on too!
Old 08-31-2023, 07:50 AM   #15

I am liking that new body also. It looks like the body is taller, but I don't think so. Look at the diference in the front bumper height. The straight axle is 5-7mm taller tan the portal. I think it is in the suspension set-up. I have a straight and portal and put nose to nose or tail to tail, the straight definately sits taller at the bumper. I won't be getting the Fordyce but I will probably get the body when available.
Axle Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 04:25 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Put the 80mm shocks on and will help the looks alot. But, you'll definitely have to do some trimming on the body. If I could sell my built never ran vs410 pro, I'd pick one up.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 07:37 PM   #17

If anyone has a like new grey Fordyce cab they would like to sell, I'm interested.
stamey89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 01:27 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

This rig looks alot better in person than it does in pics and videos.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 12:43 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Hmm...the Phoenix bumper height is lower in that pic but the overall height looks very similar so maybe it isnt taller. I'm anxious to see what some custom paint can do for it.

If I were shopping for a straight axle RTR right now I'd pick it over the Phoenix, but I like Jeeps and I dont really care about dig or selectable OD.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

New Vanquish VS4-10 FORDYCE RTR - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish VS4-10 Section B-MOW71 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 16 08-17-2018 04:03 PM