Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Jato The Trust Me I'm A Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2023, 09:19 AM   #1

Default Jato The Trust Me I'm A Pro

I am still bummed that Vanquish discontinued the VS4-10 Pro kit. The Fordyce is nice, but there is something cool and premium feeling about a mostly metal kit! They obviously have something up their sleeve. Brandon even said if he designed the VS4-10 kit today, he would change it. You can't beat plastic axles for rock slidability!

Anyway, I had to get a Pro kit because FOMO and we're not talking FoMoCo. Unfortunately, I could only find it in black. The black axles look awesome and realistic when new, but rock rash ruins the look for me.

Then I found a second-hand, but still NIP set of HD44 axles in...you guessed it, clear! I have drooled over Rock Jock axles since I first saw those. These are a close second, but I do wish the diff cover was clear rather than red. And no, I'm not messing with oven cleaner and trying to strip the anodizing. I tried that in the past and it failed miserably.

The black F9 axle housings, kit tires and wheels, and kit Incision 90mm Scale Shocks will be sold as I am using other parts.

Parts is parts and these are some cool ones!

Got darn these are sexy beasts! And these are the first RC items I've built in probably 2 years. It was fun and felt good. (That's what she said! ) The kit internals were used to complete these axles.

I built the frame last night and forgot to take photos so that's all for now.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2023, 09:25 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Jato The Trust Me I'm A Pro

Great start man. I’ve not been a fan of the red covers (but understand why they did it), but I actually don’t mind it with the red knuckles.

Look forward to seeing this built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 09:56 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Lookin good jato! It would be nice if VP offered them in some other colors as well. Nice to see u start a new build!

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 11:33 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Red makes them so 1:1 looking to me. I’m just glad you’re having fun again!

mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 08:03 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Those housings are to drool over. They'd look good on jackstands by themselves.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 04:47 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

Looking forward to this. Them are some super sexy axles!

B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 07:16 AM   #7

Thanks guys! I am anxious to get building again now that the holidays are unfortunately over. I have been battling some sickness which doesn't help matters. I did manage to order a set of takeoff Traxxas GTS shocks for this build before the new year so those should be here this week.

I may steal the eletronics out of my Ultra kit that has never been ran outside of a test run or two. The Ultra, and its giant turning radius, did not really impress me much. At the same time I really want to try this new Fusion Pro 2-in-1 motor, but it has the FOC that nobody seemed to like in the AXE so that has me second guessing it. That purchase would probably be best saved for the VRD Carbon kit anyway where the lightweight would be the most impactful.

Speaking of lightweight, have any of you guys run the VFD Light Weight Machined Front Gear Set and/or VFDC Light Weight Machined Transfer Case Gear Set (21% OD)? Have you really noticed any difference beween these and the standard gears? I would think the quicker start up and stop from less rotational mass would be more noticeable than any change in COG. Of course there's always the light weight aluminum motor plate as well.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:36 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
... At the same time I really want to try this new Fusion Pro 2-in-1 motor, but it has the FOC that nobody seemed to like in the AXE so that has me second guessing it.
I broke down and ordered one a while ago. I keep hearing raving about FOC, I just want to see what all of the fuss is about. I installed it in one of my Elements, but I think I'll swap it over to something a bit more performance oriented. I didn't weigh it, but I'm sure it's lighter than my 1080/Crawlmaster combos and a mass of wires.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 07:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I broke down and ordered one a while ago. I keep hearing raving about FOC, I just want to see what all of the fuss is about. I installed it in one of my Elements, but I think I'll swap it over to something a bit more performance oriented. I didn't weigh it, but I'm sure it's lighter than my 1080/Crawlmaster combos and a mass of wires.
Especially if you leave that 1080 battery lead the stock length!

Have you run the Fusion yet?
Old 01-03-2024, 05:25 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I love those axle housings. My Pro is pretty much a shelf queen at this point. It would look great with a set of those under it.

I have 3 of the Fusion setups. Two are the 2300 and one is an 1800SE. I really like them but pretty sure I run them (the 2300s at least) with FOC disabled. Its very nice to not have a separate ESC to run wires and figure out where to mount it. The only complaint I have with it is if you stop on a steep incline, when you apply a little throttle, the truck will roll back. Dont think it would be a problem on a trail truck but on my comp rig, its screwed me up a couple times. Clear a steep ledge, pause time to reposition myself, apply light throttle, truck fall off ledge...Maybe its just a setting that I havent figured out.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 05:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I love those axle housings. My Pro is pretty much a shelf queen at this point. It would look great with a set of those under it.

I have 3 of the Fusion setups. Two are the 2300 and one is an 1800SE. I really like them but pretty sure I run them (the 2300s at least) with FOC disabled. Its very nice to not have a separate ESC to run wires and figure out where to mount it. The only complaint I have with it is if you stop on a steep incline, when you apply a little throttle, the truck will roll back. Dont think it would be a problem on a trail truck but on my comp rig, its screwed me up a couple times. Clear a steep ledge, pause time to reposition myself, apply light throttle, truck fall off ledge...Maybe its just a setting that I havent figured out.
I had no idea you could disable the FOC. That's good news. The fact that it rolls back on the drag brake is not good news.
Old 01-03-2024, 06:27 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Option 3 on running mode is "Normal" or no FOC. I know I have it set that way on my SCX10 Pro but not sure about the Phoenix. I've only noticed the roll back if it is parked on a steep incline and I apply very light throttle. Drag break holds fine until then.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 05:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Option 3 on running mode is "Normal" or no FOC. I know I have it set that way on my SCX10 Pro but not sure about the Phoenix. I've only noticed the roll back if it is parked on a steep incline and I apply very light throttle. Drag break holds fine until then.
That's good to know! Thank you.

Tags
black, build, clear, hd44, jato, jatotheripper, kit, pro, vanquish, vs4-10, vs410

Jato The Trust Me I'm A Pro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't trust Liquid Rc rccrawler66 Chit Chat 54 09-02-2011 01:28 AM
Do you trust it? Krawlin Electronics 4 08-11-2007 02:48 PM