Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: What parts might be missing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2021, 06:02 PM   #1

Default What parts might be missing?

I have a Phoenix Kit that I dont plan to build for at least a month or so.
I wondered what parts people found wrong or missing in the early kits, so I can check right away and get the corrections coming.

Thanks for the info.
z381472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2021, 06:12 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What parts might be missing?

Only thing wrong in mine, was the front axle portal box, wrong bearing size. I ordered the Phoenix axle bearing kit from fast eddy bearings. I also bought the the trx sport spring retainers, heard about them factory one being a pita, I just went ahead and got the ones that others said worked, they went on like butter.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:17 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

So the I'm some of the early kits the stub axles in bag B were miss packed. Can't remember if the one with the short shoulder/spacing rib or the wider one was correct. However they both need to be the same. See the attached picture.

Then the shock collars are a pain. Haven't seen the posts on the Traxxas collars, but I hear the ones for the GMade RSD shocks fit also. I personally ordered another set of shock plastics and rebuild kits. We will see what that nets me. I still don't want to give Traxxas any money and getting the GMade ones here is going to be feat of logistics. The only place I can find them are from GMade. The lag time on the shipping indicated 2 months of waiting.

Careful what you say. Flame throwing trolls will pounce on you of you indicate anything wrong with this kit.

Regards,

FlatLander

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
FlatLander72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:31 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I would check the whole kit Phoenix or any other. In the last month I have purchased 3 kits from Vanquish, 2 Phoenix and a Pro. All were missing parts or incorrect parts. It is a shit show with circus hoops to get Vanquish to send you what you are missing. Example, was sent 2 left tops to the front F9 axle, a $2-$3 part. Email Response, " Send Me Detailed Photos Of The Part You Received And I Will Do My Best To Get The Issue Resolved. Regards Michael Pham", Really , bill me the $2 and I'll send you the wrong part back and then you can refund me. So check everything close and god forbid the hoops you will jump through if you did not buy it direct.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 11:56 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
I would check the whole kit Phoenix or any other. In the last month I have purchased 3 kits from Vanquish, 2 Phoenix and a Pro. All were missing parts or incorrect parts. It is a shit show with circus hoops to get Vanquish to send you what you are missing. Example, was sent 2 left tops to the front F9 axle, a $2-$3 part. Email Response, " Send Me Detailed Photos Of The Part You Received And I Will Do My Best To Get The Issue Resolved. Regards Michael Pham", Really , bill me the $2 and I'll send you the wrong part back and then you can refund me. So check everything close and god forbid the hoops you will jump through if you did not buy it direct.
All I had to do was send the picture of the wrong part and proof of purchase. They sent me the correct part. It actually came 2 day shipping. Not sure what you are crying about. This is a pretty standard practice from any manufacturer. I actually received the parts before all of the electronics showed up.

$h!t happens grow up and quit crying.

My $.02,

FlatLander

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=FlatLander72;6102602]All I had to do was send the picture of the wrong part and proof of purchase. They sent me the correct part. It actually came 2 day shipping. Not sure what you are crying about. This is a pretty standard practice from any manufacturer. I actually received the parts before all of the electronics showed up.

My $.02,

FlatLander

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk[

If you look where I live I do not own a cell phone due to lack of cell towers, why own a useless item? And yes, Vanquish sent out the parts 2 Day, but here that is still 4 Day's or more. Yes I did grow up, the first day I sat in the seat of my patrol car 40 years ago. Know the circumstances before you run your pie hole.

Last edited by sherbs; 12-24-2021 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-24-2021, 10:00 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

[QUOTE=sherbs;6102620]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatLander72 View Post
All I had to do was send the picture of the wrong part and proof of purchase. They sent me the correct part. It actually came 2 day shipping. Not sure what you are crying about. This is a pretty standard practice from any manufacturer. I actually received the parts before all of the electronics showed up.

My $.02,

FlatLander

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk[

If you look where I live I do not own a cell phone due to lack of cell towers, why own a useless item? And yes, Vanquish sent out the parts 2 Day, but here that is still 4 Day's or more. Yes I did grow up, the first day I sat in the seat of my patrol car 40 years ago. Know the circumstances before you run your pie hole.

You are just a miserable person. I feel sorry for your family. I hope things get better for you, but they probably won't. Because you are just miserable.

Good day,

FlatLander
Old 12-25-2021, 11:01 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=FlatLander72;6102635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post

You are just a miserable person. I feel sorry for your family. I hope things get better for you, but they probably won't. Because you are just miserable.

Good day,

FlatLander
Why Thank You! You must be an asset to your community.

What parts might be missing? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing parts? bergy Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 09-19-2009 10:01 PM
missing parts redking Venom Creeper 11 08-26-2009 05:36 PM
Missing parts BlueTj EnRoute Berg 1 11-13-2008 07:41 PM
missing parts Crispychiknhead Axial AX-10 Scorpion 21 08-31-2007 09:05 PM
Missing parts The Dave Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 12-25-2006 11:25 AM