RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vanquish Products (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products/)
-   -   Opinions on Vp cvd's ? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products/374669-opinions-vp-cvds.html)

Jus 06-12-2012 08:52 AM

Re: Opinions on Vp cvd's ?

I don't NEED this much strength for the driving my Wraith sees.. However, the Axial universals have dissapointed me greatly AND the idea of how awesome these CV shafts are going to be, I WILL have a set of these in 4mm when they are available. :ror:"thumbsup"

ROLANDROCKSHOP 06-12-2012 11:27 AM

bergs,bergs,bergs..."thumbsup"

craddock35 06-13-2012 01:49 PM

Looks like you are going to have something else I need to keep me broke for a while again. Just when I thought I had almost everything I could use on my stuff from VP I run accross this and now I am going to have to come off even more money for more VP goodies. I will go for a set for my SCX10 and my Wraith. They look great."thumbsup"

Jus 06-15-2012 06:09 PM

Any rough estimate on availability? I've quite literally got the money in my hand and I NEED a set of these for my Wraith. :ror:

tom@vp 06-25-2012 01:28 PM

They have been officially released for production.

Several testers with very heavy high powered rigs ran these hard this weekend at Axialfest and we had zero failures. we did post inspection and the hardware is wearing in better than expected.

Look for these to release in the coming 2 - 3 weeks...

Tommy R 06-25-2012 01:31 PM

Great news! Do they utilize stock sized hardware on the stub shaft? Any drilling of wheels required to fit them?

tom@vp 06-25-2012 01:51 PM

These are a stock replacement,

we will offer 5mm stubs, but so far it may be a waste of time.

These do not have a necked down area where the link mount screws go through the axle, they require you loosen those screws enough for them to allow the axle to slide in. Then install the axles, if they rub slightly, let them wear in that way, we wanted all the meat we could squeeze in between the two screws. out of 6 testers every one has been perfectly ok with that.

Tommy R 06-25-2012 01:53 PM

Sounds great!!

Jus 06-25-2012 05:13 PM

YES! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Excellent news. This is going to complete my Wraith... The Axial universals in my truck are falling apart I cannot wait to get these VP cvd's in there. "thumbsup"

donhd04 06-26-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom@vp (Post 3794312)
They have been officially released for production.

Several testers with very heavy high powered rigs ran these hard this weekend at Axialfest and we had zero failures. we did post inspection and the hardware is wearing in better than expected.

Look for these to release in the coming 2 - 3 weeks...

I broke the stock axial ridgecrest axles sunday and I guess I'll have to wait on these. I wasn't really wanting to wait that long but Im not wasting my money on a set of the axial universals either. Can't wait so turn the knob up on the assembly line to super fast. LOL.:ror::ror::lmao:

Harley 07-02-2012 12:48 PM

I beat on the truck HARD yesterday to test the CVD's. I didn't take pics of the install because it was so easy. However I will have the chance to take pics again now because of what happened yesterday...

While attempting to brake the shafts with the Pro4 I decided to jump this 11lb truck off some stairs. I heard a snap and the truck locked up. Figured that would do it. However, what broke was not the axles, it was my front ring and pinion. The hit was so hard I instantly felt like a total idiot for doing it.

I bent the knuckle arm and the screw holding it on I think. I cant remove the screw so that is my theory. I need to inspect the chassis and see if I did any damage there, something had to bend.

So the CVD's get my approval and VP could move forward without any changes. You guys better buy a bunch to cover the repair bill I'm about to send Steve.

4xFord 07-02-2012 01:09 PM

whats the max operating angle of the CVD's? Also, did the Facebook giveaway ever happen?

Thanks

Maddog Madigan 07-02-2012 01:11 PM

Now thats a review I like to hear! Thumbs up!!

Harley 07-02-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddog Madigan (Post 3805284)
Now thats a review I like to hear! Thumbs up!!

It's not the one I wanted to write though!

Maddog Madigan 07-02-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3805297)
It's not the one I wanted to write though!

Haha, but if you didn't do what you had to do, we would have mixed reviews. With your rig as the test dummy, we now know the truth. I do appreciate you sacrificing your rig for us and to help vp with quality control. Thanks bud!

Harley 07-02-2012 01:33 PM

I'll try and get the carnage shots in the next couple days. I sat the truck down after doing a quick tear down and walked away. I will add up the parts cost.

4xFord 07-02-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3805315)
I'll try and get the carnage shots in the next couple days. I sat the truck down after doing a quick tear down and walked away. I will add up the parts cost.

Its all good when it's in the name of R&D!

Harley 07-02-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xFord (Post 3805282)
whats the max operating angle of the CVD's? Also, did the Facebook giveaway ever happen?

Thanks

From my build:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom@vp (Post 3805296)
50 degrees, 36 minutes, 48 seconds or 50.6133 is what I'm getting on the Optical Comparator..

They also announced the winners yesterday on FB. I didn't see your name.

VP Dan 07-02-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3805249)
I beat on the truck HARD yesterday to test the CVD's. I didn't take pics of the install because it was so easy. However I will have the chance to take pics again now because of what happened yesterday...

While attempting to brake the shafts with the Pro4 I decided to jump this 11lb truck off some stairs. I heard a snap and the truck locked up. Figured that would do it. However, what broke was not the axles, it was my front ring and pinion. The hit was so hard I instantly felt like a total idiot for doing it.

I bent the knuckle arm and the screw holding it on I think. I cant remove the screw so that is my theory. I need to inspect the chassis and see if I did any damage there, something had to bend.

So the CVD's get my approval and VP could move forward without any changes. You guys better buy a bunch to cover the repair bill I'm about to send Steve.

i know your pain spent all day yesterday doing a full rebuild from axialfest.thats when i broke two axial short side and steve handed me these gems. steve thanks again guys you save my weekend. I run as hard or harder then most that i know,maybe its just me and my way of drivivg always on kill :lmao:so if you guys want some kick ass cvds go see all the great guy over at vp

VP Dan 07-02-2012 04:26 PM

and i do meen kill http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...2213-35601.jpgall i run is 4s