Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: front lower links touching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2018, 05:10 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default front lower links touching

Anyone had problems with front lower links touching the chassis on full compression? Wheelbase is 305, 80mm lower links with Proline 90mm shocks. Panhard bar also nearly touches the diff housing. I seem to have messed up nearly all my geometry, getting the wheelbase right for a Carisma VW shell! Can you tell I'm a new to Ascenders?
M and M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2018, 06:15 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: front lower links touching

Panhard normally almost touches or just barely touches, as for the lower links some pics would help. One thing I've decided on my trucks is that I don't worry too much about limited touching with both shocks fully compressed since with the ascenders slower speeds you never fully compress both shocks at once with normal driving. It's always one side or the other that flexes up as you climb over things , it would take a big drop onto both wheels at once to compress both shocks all the way together....if that makes sense. But anyway enough rambling...show us some pics of your set up maybe there is an easy fix.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Chris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks for that..I'm not that bothered about it either, not a fan of too much flex. I'm not in a position to get pics at the moment I'm afraid, but just to elaborate, the lower arms will touch the chassis when either side is fully flexed, not both at once which as you point out is rare. Running about 50% droop, so I think maybe put the original 100mm shocks back with a limit stop,..still more than enough flex for my pathetic driving skills.
M and M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:33 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I had to put in some bent lower links myself when I put a low profile skid in. So that's always an option. All thread rod and brake line tubing is an easy way to make your own links.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Chris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:06 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I hacked a section out of the lower chassis rails on my lowered Bronco (278mm wheelbase, 90mm shocks). The Ascender chassis is so beefy, I wasn't worried about losing any strength.

As for the panhard, I shortened it and put in a slight bend. It doesn't take much to give all the clearance needed for full suspension travel.

svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote

front lower links touching - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tires touching lower links after universal install staycold66 Axial Wraith 3 04-08-2017 10:02 PM
Front lower links rubbing driveshaft? rngrchad Axial RR10 Bomber 3 06-12-2016 07:41 PM
Upper links and lower front links TrademarkJeff 2.2 Scale Rigs 1 03-30-2010 11:03 AM