Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Honcho bed mounting help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Honcho bed mounting help

So.... I have seen several honcho bodies here mounted on the ascender chassis. I can not for the life of me figure out an easy solution to secure the bed to the chassis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be cool too...

Thanks!!!
Junkk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Honcho bed mounting help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkk5 View Post
So.... I have seen several honcho bodies here mounted on the ascender chassis. I can not for the life of me figure out an easy solution to secure the bed to the chassis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be cool too...

Thanks!!!
What wheelbase are you working with? Are you trying to use the Honcho cage or the Ascender K10 cage? I just built a K5 kit with the K10 cage extended to basically be a 3/4 caged K5. Natedog, myself and at least one more person on here (for the life of me I can't remember who it was. I apologize and I'll edit when I find it) have all moved the K10 back using different, but all effective IMO, ways.

I used body posts E6000'd in line with the stock ones but locked into place using drilled out spare plastic driveshafts so I could raise the height of the cage.

I took some Vaterra rod ends and the threaded pieces from the links and mounted them behind the rear chassis brace in line with the stock cage mounts.

Hope that helps/makes sense

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ascender'nMN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:37 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thank you for the info and pics. Very helpful! I have the 12.3 wb, and am using the Axial honch body. I had flipped the rear shock mounts side to side so the body would have a little more clearance , that way I could slide it up a little further. I thought I could just use random body posts then to mount the bed, but they would come through right where the fake fuel cell and bed tray come together. Just doesn't work out right. My next idea was a hinge mounted to the rear cross member, but I can't figure out a simple but strong way to mount it to the underside of the bed. Hope all this makes sense?
Old 04-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Finally figured out a simple way to get the body mounted up. Thanks goes to ascender'nMN84 for the inspiration. I couldn't do exactly what you used to make it work, but definitely got me going in the right direction.

After looking at the pic I posted I noticed how crooked the rear mount I made looks. Realized I hadn't tightened it down all the way. Sits nice and straight now though.

Last edited by Junkk5; 04-06-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

That's sweet. Does the cage and body tilt up on those rod ends? Hope so...
rag6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Cool man I'm glad you were able to get it figured out. Happy to help. This hobby is way more fun sharing and learning information rather than hoard what you think you know to yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ascender'nMN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:21 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

It does till, not to the full 90 degrees I was hoping for but I would say around 80 degrees, plenty enough to swap out battery's. The one thing I have enjoyed about this truck most is the people on this forum who are always so eager to help. There are so many 1.1 4wheeling forums out there that are full of people ready to give you grief if you ask a question that they don't deem worthy,
Thanks again to the people on this forum who are kind enough to share your knowledge in the most friendly of ways. Makes this hobby so much fun to be a part of.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

It seems the Ascender section is Xtra friendly lol. Many nice people in this section
rag6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
It seems the Ascender section is Xtra friendly lol. Many nice people in this section
I would definitely agree! Way nicer than those A-holes over in the scx10 section..,.
Just kidding of course, everyone on this site has been awesome!

Honcho bed mounting help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mounting honcho body without rear bed. littlemel Axial SCX-10 5 07-14-2013 02:49 PM