Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: vxl experiences on VTH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default vxl experiences on VTH

I just got a used th and am excited to rip it up. Who has used a vxl and how did it work for them? I wanted to set mine up similar to g6 ready. Has anyone tried 3s on stock esc? I know the axial one will run 3s with a bec. What does everyone use for tranny gears? Thanks in advance. Someone needs to sticky esc's and motors similar to the wraith guides.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: vxl experiences on VTH

The first systems I had in mine was a traxxas VXL system. I ran it on 3s. I had it geared to 78/20. It was the best non sensored brushless system I ran. It was very fast. It crawled ok. There is only so slow a sensorless system will go without getting coggy. Plus side is the esc is compatiable with sensored motors.
If your planning to run g6 events you need to have a sensored motor or brushed. There are slow technical section that you will just get frustrated in with a sensorless system.
I'm still running all stock gears in the tranny and diffs. No issues.
toyotatrucks83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: vxl experiences on VTH

I tried the VXL system and the castle SV3 with the 3800kv motor when I first got it. I found them pretty much the same speed and power wise but I stuck with the castle system. I had way better low end control and drag brake. With the castle link I got it dialed in pretty good. If you want to crawl though like toyotatrucks said you need a brushed or sensored brushless setup. The low speed control just doesn't compare. I used mine as a FOFF and trail rig and it really struggles in the tight or technical crawl sections compared to guys running crawler specific setups. It is pretty nice hitting 2nd gear and getting up to 35mph and leaving them in the dust on a flat section though.
xCoolHandLukex is offline   Reply With Quote

vxl experiences on VTH - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VTH turn radius. Poserx Vaterra Twin Hammers 12 08-17-2013 09:30 PM
Experiences with the Hitec HS-7955TG servo? josruu Electronics 8 05-09-2011 07:02 AM
dx5e experiences? pantablo Electronics 2 12-11-2008 08:27 AM
First time tube experiences Dumptruck 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 04-16-2008 07:03 AM