Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: GCM truss or Kit sway bars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default GCM truss or Kit sway bars

I watched the entire GCM video where they discuss and demo their rear truss linkage. Their comparison of their product was with the RTR Hammer WITHOUT the sway bars that are included in the kit version.

Does anyone have experience with both the kit sway bars and the GCM truss system on their Hammer rear end? How do the two systems compare?
gfmucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: GCM truss or Kit sway bars

For me the gsm rear truss keeps the front end down. Dosent jump as good, but does climbs better. Still flips over backwards to easy on steep climbs.
Not running sway bar due to aftermarket battery tray. But should help with high speed.
sherman918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Sorry no personal experience with the CGM truss, but I do run the kit sway bars. I find they help with stability in all conditions. Can corner harder before traction rolling, help limit the torque twist under hard acceleration. I'd almost say they are a must have.

I know that the stock truss contacts the battery tray under full compression travel, so I always figured that the GCM truss must limit uptravel by an equal amount that the link point is raised. I couldn't accept that compromise, so I just run the forward link mounts at the lower hole to keep the upper links pointing down towards the chassis at ride height.

I would assume that raising the upper links at the rear axle would help keep the front end planted under hard acceleration. Not sure of its effects during cornering.

I know the swaybars help reduce body roll during cornering, and have no effect on acceleration.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I run both on mine. No problems when put together. Stays flat when accelerating on dirt, jumps good, climbs good. I also have the GCM front shock tower conversion so the battery is up front now. That really transformed the rig
CBurwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:38 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I run a self made rear truss and Vaterra's sway bar kit(I use the soft bar),my rear truss try to copy the GCM design.
The truss help to maintanin the nose of the car down during fast acceleration and reduce torque twist,so I use the soft sway bar to not stiffen the rear twist too much because I use my rig for rock crawling.
Sway bar help cornering too,but you have to use the stiffer sway bar to have a real effect on high speed cornering,and if you want the maximum effect you have to use the front kit too..te unlocked differential helps a lot in sharp steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBurwinkle View Post
I run both on mine. No problems when put together. Stays flat when accelerating on dirt, jumps good, climbs good. I also have the GCM front shock tower conversion so the battery is up front now. That really transformed the rig
Pratically I use the same configuration but with Maxbonv front tower kit.
The best setup for the VTH

Last edited by THX_138; 06-19-2015 at 06:58 PM.
The_NightRider is offline   Reply With Quote

GCM truss or Kit sway bars - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just got a Twin Hammers kit, sway bars ? bill mossor Vaterra Twin Hammers 11 02-25-2015 11:37 AM
Sway bars Tgates Axial Wraith 3 06-22-2014 08:10 AM
sway bars vito Newbie General 7 08-10-2013 07:59 PM
Sway Bars?? ESC Axial Wraith 14 08-06-2012 08:12 PM