Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Dynamite stainless screw kit for TH..?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Dynamite stainless screw kit for TH..?

Anybody have experience with this kit? I bought one from the LHS yesterday thinking that they HAVE TO be better than the stock hardware, which I keep hearing horror stories about. Getting into the kit the first thing I noticed is that there are no instructions to be found anywhere, they swapped about 90% of the button heads for socket head cap screws with the kit (not sure if I like this yet or not), and the two issues combined makes it very difficult to determine whether or not I'm even using the right hardware in the right places. And yes, that's using the Vaterra PDF as closely as possible.

So, my question(s)...does anybody know what parts of this rig the kit is actually supposed to replace? Is it supposed to replace all of the hardware on the rig besides the proprietary stuff (standoffs, spacers, etc...)?

I can tell you right now that, if this is supposed to be a "complete" kit, they missed the mark a little. Just doing a quick once over I have noticed a few are missing (some of the M2s), there are a few extras of some (specifically M2.5x16s), and there is really no way to tell what they had in mind when producing the kit.

At this point I think I will just buy a second kit because of the cheap price, fill in their blanks in the first kit with it, and do what I can with what I have at that point.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Dynamite stainless screw kit for TH..? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CFM: SLW hub Screw kits- Stainless & Black Stainless CarterFab Vendors Tires and wheels 0 10-09-2014 08:48 AM
SCX screw kit thats not stainless? littlemel General Crawlers 10 07-19-2014 07:21 PM
Non - Stainless screw set? BubbaEinstein Axial Wraith 8 11-24-2012 05:10 AM
Stainless Steel Screw Sets for Vanquish Wheels Chris_The_Battery_Man Tools and supplies 1 08-06-2012 11:15 AM