RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vendors Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/)
-   -   THE Lighting Controller (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/457265-lighting-controller.html)

heyok 08-11-2013 09:02 AM

THE Lighting Controller

THE Lighting Controller

NOTE: Changed the internal software so that the park light and brake light outputs flash with the hazard output, but this is an option that you can set yourself. The orange loop of wire is the secret. Leave the loop connected and you only have hazard function on the hazard output. Cut the orange loop and the brake and park lights will flash along with the hazard output.

For some models, this style of flashing makes sense.

https://i.imgur.com/6UebPIe.jpg

Think of it as the All Inclusive Lighting Controller "thumbsup"

If your rig needs lighting, this controller should have you covered.

The Headlight output is switched battery voltage, not receiver voltage. This means that if your rig runs on 3S (let's call it 12 volts), you have 12 volts available to run your light bar.
The other outputs are receiver voltage.

This controller connects into your electrical system in a few places. It gets power by connecting between the battery and ESC and uses this for the headlight output.
It connects between the receiver and ESC in order to monitor the throttle signal so that it knows when to turn on the brake lights and reverse lights and the driving lights (called FORWARD in the picture).
It connects to a three position channel that is used like this:
Position 1: Park lights OFF, Head lights OFF
Position 2: Park lights ON, Head lights OFF
Position 3: Park lights ON, Head lights ON

Note that whenever the park lights are on, it also activates the brake/tail lights, such that whenever the brakes aren't on, they glow dimly, just like tail lights.

There is an output for hazard lights. These come on when the brake lights have been on for 30 seconds or more and turn off when you turn off the brake lights by giving either forward or reverse throttle.

The outputs are on pins that are compatible with servo plugs.

Each output is able to provide 350mA of current. The Headlight output can provide 5 amps of current.

Please look at my guide: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...wire-leds.html

THE Lighting Controller
Part No. TLC $55 plus shipping

camarokert 04-09-2015 12:57 PM

Re: THE Lighting Controller

Is this light controller still available ?? seen it in a video and like it checked your web page and didnt see it or does the one you have up work the same?

Alexander_0_1 04-09-2015 01:18 PM

Incorporate a dual light bar output w/dimmer function and I'm sold. Now what to do with my heyok controllers that this replaces...

heyok 04-09-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarokert (Post 5198313)
Is this light controller still available ?? seen it in a video and like it checked your web page and didnt see it or does the one you have up work the same?

Yes, still available. Not all the parts are on the web store. Send me a PM and I will get you the parts you need.

heyok 04-09-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 (Post 5198334)
Incorporate a dual light bar output w/dimmer function and I'm sold. Now what to do with my heyok controllers that this replaces...

Send me a PM and I will get some details from you so we can figure this out.

mjassbong 04-09-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 (Post 5198334)

+1. I'm in on this too. That would be THE Light Controller.

QBert 05-05-2015 11:20 AM

Do the park lights blink with the hazard lights, or are they just always on? What about the brake lights? On hazard do they blink light to dim? Also does turning off the park lights disable the hazard lights? Just trying to make sense of how these all work.

heyok 05-05-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QBert (Post 5218218)
Do the park lights blink with the hazard lights, or are they just always on? What about the brake lights? On hazard do they blink light to dim? Also does turning off the park lights disable the hazard lights? Just trying to make sense of how these all work.

Park lights are switched using a three position channel. They don't interact at all with the hazard lights. The hazard light output only starts flashing when the brakes have been on long enough (I forget at the moment how long that is. 15 seconds or 30 seconds or something).
The brake lights only work as described. If you do something to make the brake lights turn off (moving forward or reverse using the ESC), the hazards are canceled.

QBert 05-05-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyok (Post 5218234)
Park lights are switched using a three position channel. They don't interact at all with the hazard lights. The hazard light output only starts flashing when the brakes have been on long enough (I forget at the moment how long that is. 15 seconds or 30 seconds or something).
The brake lights only work as described. If you do something to make the brake lights turn off (moving forward or reverse using the ESC), the hazards are canceled.

Ok, so park lights, hazard lights, and brake lights are all independent of each other, except brake lights glow dim for park lights. If I want park lights and hazard lights in front, I need two different LEDs up there then. Likewise, to get brake and hazard in the rear, I need separate brake and hazard LEDs.

I tried to find a video about this controller, but didn't see one.

heyok 05-05-2015 02:32 PM

You have it all correct.
Good point about a video of this part. I will make something the next chance I get.

Alexander_0_1 06-12-2015 06:36 PM

Mine showed up today, this is a pretty sweet Lil controller, its already found its home in my ascender, along with another no brainer.

blue_cardinal 11-19-2015 06:51 PM

is it still available?

heyok 11-19-2015 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_cardinal (Post 5335391)
is it still available?

Sure is!
Shipped a few today.
Send me a PM and I can help you.

Al

stevetate12 11-19-2015 08:42 PM

I just saw this I may pick one of these up......very cool.....and the winch controllers are the most reliable ones I have .....and they cone waterproof.....hehe.....is this controller waterproof as well?.....it looks like it is

heyok 11-19-2015 08:51 PM

Glad you like the winch controllers.
Yes, the TLC is waterproof.

johnm0eou 11-21-2015 11:53 AM

hello love the lighting kit in the video cant see it on your web site is it still available and at what cost and postage to the uk

heyok 11-21-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnm0eou (Post 5336311)
hello love the lighting kit in the video cant see it on your web site is it still available and at what cost and postage to the uk

Hi,

Thanks for checking out my electronics!
Not all the parts I make are on the web store.

I will send you a PM about your questions.

blue_cardinal 12-15-2015 09:57 PM

how do i get it? and what does it cost

heyok 12-16-2015 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_cardinal (Post 5351748)
how do i get it? and what does it cost

To get one, just send me a PM telling me where you are and I will let you know what shipping will cost. The part itself is $55

Thanks,
Al

socal_crawler 12-27-2015 07:39 PM

i have your no brainer bec installed and it works great. Can I still install one of your light controllers with my no brainer bec installed?