Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Sick of waiting for a dig unit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Sick of waiting for a dig unit

I'm about to say the heck with it and build a berg or my own shafty with a r2d tranny, this is crazy.

how many units do they need to sell to justify the dig for the rest of us. Venom has said they have some they are testing and have had to comps,
I want one too,you can't test them once every couple weeks and expect to find anything out. Get them out there and LET US TEST THEM FOR YOU !!! everyone drives differant so you need to test them with differant people and differant locations ( differant rocks, differant reaction from dig)

they should know we will tell em whats wrong and whats not.

sorry ,I had to vent ,just so frustrated I could just throw the damn creeper in the trash if it wasn't so damn good at everything else

anyone else feel this way????????????

:e vil:
TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
TEAM MODERATOR

Lots of dig options for an Axial tranny. Best options out there IMHO. DNA,Vanquish and Eritex all make a really nice dig units that are proven.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

yeah it is starting to get to me to, my creeper goes anywhere my buddies bergs and heavily modded axials go, just with reverses cause i don't have a damn dig, i want to start competing but without the dig i will get destroyed.
The_kernel114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_kernel114 View Post
yeah it is starting to get to me to, my creeper goes anywhere my buddies bergs and heavily modded axials go, just with reverses cause i don't have a damn dig, i want to start competing but without the dig i will get destroyed.
I hear ya!!! I love the way i have mine set up, but the reverses always get me when im in a jam!!

Yeah yeah... i know about the shaft dig option, but its not what im looking for!

If Venom would chop chop on the dig they might see a few more of these rigs fly off the shelf!!

I will hang on for a bit longer, but my new SSS Axial rig is giving me that look!!
sean68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Tommy dark8ngel was selling a dig collar for the Venom.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

here on the dig,so went and got a berg and it's very sweet.i love my venom but wanted ft. and rr. dig.you can check out mine on my posting i did.it has no torque twist and climbs anything just has no dig.
scram8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Tommy dark8ngel was selling a dig collar for the Venom.
yeah he is sending me one, but still ,you think Venom would want there's out there. I used to tell people to get a venom, not any more, I tell them to get an axial cuz they got everything you need for them.
If venom wants to sell more rigs they need to get out into the comps around the country, not just there local ones. I've been competeing with mine, impressed alot of people with it I think, but everone knows they have no factory dig, I've been doing pretty good I think, so is it me or the rig that is good? Without dig I am starting to think I must be a damn good driver

If it is taking so long to develope the dig, then come up with a skid plate and mod parts for an aftermarket dig (dna, rc4wd, ect) maybe that won't take so long.

The creeper is a great rig, JUST NEED THE DIG UNIT, and I think I could put it in the top ten maybe better in my club( curantly 40+ strong).Hell without it I was 19th in the spring series. You just can't get negative #'s when you have to back-up all the damn time......

(still venting, sorry)

sincerly:
soon to be EX- venom driver

P.S. maybe I'll give it to my 8 yr old son to play with,maybe they will have it ready by the time HE"S ready to compete. NOT
Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scram8 View Post
here on the dig,so went and got a berg and it's very sweet.i love my venom but wanted ft. and rr. dig.you can check out mine on my posting i did.it has no torque twist and climbs anything just has no dig.
Scram8, I've seen your ride,very nice. Like I said ,it's a great rig ,just needs dig.

I'm thinking of going with another chassis,I won a RC4WD R2 with disconnect at a comp and would like to use it, might just get a chassis and swap the creeper parts out. But then is it really a creeper or just some creeper parts.(who's stickers do I put on it,lol)
Old 07-21-2009, 12:30 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Prepaid 7 months ago for mine and still no word. Vennom, send what you have to me and ill get it working for you.
miniwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Just a word on the dig unit...yes its coming, of course we want to release it, no it's not vaporware...lol
We have tested a couple units in Comps and there have been some improvements made to the production designs. I'm sure several of you guys have seen the unit in action this summer

Also there are no deposits or prepay's if you ordered the Dig Unit directly from us. We only hold a persons order until a product has arrived and has shipped then the account is charged. We do not hold anyone's money until the product has shipped. You can verify this with your bank or credit card company. On the other hand if you made a deposit to a hobby shop then they are holding your funds not Venom. We are on a payment in full / COD basis with all dealers so everything is paid for when product is available and can be shipped.

We appologize for the wait on the Dig Unit, there have been some unanticipated delays and we are doing what we can to get the product here ASAP.

Thanks,

Chris Nicastro
Director R&D
Venom Group Intl.
USA
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #11
5th D Owner/Driver

All we have been hearing is its coming. Is there an expected release date for this dig or is it coming in a year from now. Sorry for sounding PO'd but just tired of the smoke and mirrors on this dig.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

i have seen one work in action at the west coast championships and it was an awesome set up. Good work Venom just keep waiting guys. it will be well worth the wait i promise.
webster420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Honestly guys........complain about it taking so long, would you be the same ones complaining if they realeased a half assed version that sucked.....probably so. Keep at it Venom, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #14
MODERHATER™

I saw one in action at the Colorado comp, worked flawlessly, and is still being tested and should be out soon!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

i can't wait for the dig to come out, my rig is getting some new losi shocks next week and a tekin fx-r, all i will need to do after that is get a dig and i will be set.
The_kernel114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLINGAROUND View Post
Just a word on the dig unit...yes its coming, of course we want to release it, no it's not vaporware...lol
We have tested a couple units in Comps and there have been some improvements made to the production designs. I'm sure several of you guys have seen the unit in action this summer

Also there are no deposits or prepay's if you ordered the Dig Unit directly from us. We only hold a persons order until a product has arrived and has shipped then the account is charged. We do not hold anyone's money until the product has shipped. You can verify this with your bank or credit card company. On the other hand if you made a deposit to a hobby shop then they are holding your funds not Venom. We are on a payment in full / COD basis with all dealers so everything is paid for when product is available and can be shipped.

We appologize for the wait on the Dig Unit, there have been some unanticipated delays and we are doing what we can to get the product here ASAP.

Thanks,

Chris Nicastro
Director R&D
Venom Group Intl.
USA

Anxiously waiting...
zerimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #17

hear the thing its like a new car u never get a new car cuz they don’t have hopes up for it and the ones they do they need fixing. But with that said I have one to all we have to do is give it a bit and one should be out soon.
codeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Hang in there guys, I think you will love the dig unit when it comes out, I have been very happy with the one i'm testing.
1\4elliptic toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #19

**Bump** Any update on the digunit???
theamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamp View Post
**Bump** Any update on the digunit???

X2 any word? I hate my roommate holding his Losi over my head with the dig......

WOUrugger51 is offline   Reply With Quote