Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: traxxas 3500 brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #1

Default traxxas 3500 brushless

I have a traxxas 3500 brushless motor and speedo
can i use it in a creeper or is that just a bad idea. i fear that it may be to fast and will tear it up ,yes i know a 55 turn or such would be right,but i dont have them i just have the 3500
what do you all think?
FLIPPER RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
smr
Rock Stacker

my opinion it would be too fast...I run a 45t brushed motor on mine and on a 3S lipo its pretty fast. The Traxxas 3500 is a true 3500kv motor and I dont beleive you can set enough break on the ESC for crawling so your truck would roll when ever you stop or try to go slow. the traxxas is good motor/esc but not for crawling as far as my opinion goes.
smr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
RCC Addict

It would be way to fast, your break a lot of stuff, and it would probably do nothing but cog on the rocks.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #4

THank you ,thats what i thought ,i think i can just use a 55 turn brushed motor with the traxxas brushless esc pluged into a 7.4 lipo
FLIPPER RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Default 3500

i run the traxxas 3500 and esc and have absolutely no coggin suprisingly.i havent broke anything either.Having that extra snap is really nice and handy at time,especially if u wanna change pace and do lil bashing or boggin.the only lil hiccuup with using the motor is the can is a lil longer so depending on wat front links you use and how u have ur front shocks setup the front drive shaft can hit the bottom side of the can.i went with traxxas b/c their electronics waterproof and have great tech if u need it.U CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH POWER OR TORQUE IN MY BOOK HEE HE
foxposi_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Default speed

one more last lil tid bit: its not gonna be any faster than a brushed unless u re-gear,just quicker wheel spin because its higher rpm. Higher rpm doesnt always mean your goin faster lol.mine is stock geared and it still creeps lol just pulls hard when i punch it lots of body roll.
foxposi_150 is offline   Reply With Quote