Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Integy Matrix V10 & timing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Integy Matrix V10 & timing

Ok so I got my new motor the other day. Broke it in the way I've read about how to do it. Right now it does 2.4mph, is that an ok speed. They say it can do 4 to 6mph, but I want more torque not speed. I know I put my hand against the front and give it alittle throttle and it never stopped. It wanted to keep going no matter how much throttle I gave it. Also I installed a CC bec, was wodnering how I can tell if it's working.

Edit small issue here. Ok hooked my ESC + to the side of the motor with the + sign and - to -. Thing is to get it to go forward I had to set my remote throttle to reverse. Do this mean my timing is way off?

Last edited by Wicked Klown; 09-20-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Wicked Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Reversing the throttle switch on the radio is pretty normal,,,it is on mine.

if the BEC is installed properly then your servo will work better under high stress turning situations,,there is also an LED inside the BEC to let you know its on.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

So far I reversed the motor 180 degree. The remote is now set to N, changed the timing just a little to give it a some extra wheel speed. The green light is lit on the bec, servo turns on the moment I plug the battery in. The servo never stalled before, guess I'll have to find a place to really try it out. Steering is set to R as well, this way when I move the stick to the left it turns left.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

since you have the motor timed now youll want to watch the brushes a little closer. So long as everyhting works.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Ok brace yourslef newb question coming. Watch the brushes how, what would I be looking for?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

timed motors really seem to wear the brushes faster then zero'd motors,,pull the springs off the end of the brush and pull the brush out (but leave it connected to the can) and look at it,,maybe even take a real close pic of it,,then reinstall both. check them periodically for carbon build up and burning. Also look for glazing on the commutator. This is one reason I like zero time motors,,just a little less hassle. My 55t's and 45t's are all ZERO'd out and they wear the brushes better and the commutators last much longer between service.

DO yourself a favor too,,mark that motor as timed. If you know how much timing it has then mark the amount on it too.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Rgr, sounds like I might try and put it to 0 degree instead. Only thing is with this motor it's a little tricky. Theres really no markings to say as some of the numbers are gone to do a cooling slot.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

On most lathe motors the center between the mounting holes on the shaft end is ZERO. Dead nuts between the magnets too.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for that bit of info. Now if I could find the right replacement brushes. On the Integy site that have alot of them, no where did I see which kind I have.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

whats the exact model of motor you have...wind? single? etc?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Integy Matrix V10 Rock Crawler Professional Motor 55S V105501. On all the web sites I went to only thing it said was stand-up brushes. Not really alot of help there.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

you might check and see if the brushes themselves have anything stamped in the sides anywhere...if not Id send an email to Integy and tell them the model number and find out what brushes are replacements?????