Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: (must read servey) spacers in shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Post (must read servey) spacers in shocks

ok this is not my build theard im just woundering some thing(im going to make my build theard once i get my lates pics of my creeper with the 4vp v2 chassie). i have the ckrc stage two kit but im woundering here how many people have spacers on the shock shaft before the piston to reduce how much the shock extends or not[B]? [U]even if u dont have the ckrc stage 2 kit please answer. im masing around with my venom with the shocks and im just woundering how many people have spacers in the shocks

Last edited by venomcrawlerdud; 10-25-2010 at 01:43 PM.
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'm using the the ones that come with the stage 2 kit.
Wicked Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
RCC Addict

ok thos r the ones im useing in the back but i think im going to take them out but i'd also like answers from other people too before i decide but thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
RCC Addict

im not running spacers and i have the 4vp but im running internal srings all the way around
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
RCC Addict

well im running internal springs to in the front but i want to now if any one other than me is running sparers
Old 10-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

im also running spacers in my rig. im running full droop, so with the spring fully colapsed and spacer/springs its between 20-21mm. its been 5+ months since i set the shocks up this way....
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I run fully sprung without any spacers (limiters) in the Losi 4" shocks... 3.25" of belly clearance. About 30% preload in the front and about 40-45% preload in the rear.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
RCC Addict

ok well i have about 12mm of spacers on the front shocks and about 20mm on the rear shocks and that makes the rear set up too stiff when i got out crawling but it works fine for climbing. so what i been thinking of doing is taking one of te 6mm spaces out of the front shocks and putting it in place of where that 20mm spacer is in the rears. but im also running 50weight silicone shock oil. yo rmdw can u help me cus i want the best of both worlds. and ive also just added the 4vp v2 chassie so could that make a differents?

thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
ok well i have about 12mm of spacers on the front shocks and about 20mm on the rear shocks and that makes the rear set up too stiff when i got out crawling but it works fine for climbing. so what i been thinking of doing is taking one of te 6mm spaces out of the front shocks and putting it in place of where that 20mm spacer is in the rears. but im also running 50weight silicone shock oil. yo rmdw can u help me cus i want the best of both worlds. and ive also just added the 4vp v2 chassie so could that make a differents?

thanks
If you are running the stock shocks then 50 wt oil is too heavy...my shocks are limited only by the risers that I have on to make the spring perches rise a bit to clear my link set up. I dont run limiters in my shocks at all. If I were running the stock shocks then I would run the stock black springs and turn the collars down until the springs didnt disengage form the collar or the perches...no limiters...and 25 wt oil. You also need to look at all of the shocks really close as you cycle the suspension though completely at each corner...look for any hang ups or binding.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
If you are running the stock shocks then 50 wt oil is too heavy...my shocks are limited only by the risers that I have on to make the spring perches rise a bit to clear my link set up. I dont run limiters in my shocks at all. If I were running the stock shocks then I would run the stock black springs and turn the collars down until the springs didnt disengage form the collar or the perches...no limiters...and 25 wt oil. You also need to look at all of the shocks really close as you cycle the suspension though completely at each corner...look for any hang ups or binding.
well im now running axial all alumiom shocks with about 4-5mm of limiters in all 4 shocks. i dont have any binding and im going to put the stiff springs back on that came with the ckrc stage 2 kit. i was looking on ckrc.com and with all there rtr upgrade kits with alumion shocks they eather give u 60-80 wieght shock oil (your choice of shock oil)