Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: New to Crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #1

Default New to Crawling

While getting parts for my Creeper build, I have read many threads garding the weakness of the stock differentials and how they sometimes will not stay locked. Many have advised the use of FLM lockers for the creeper. Can these be locked/unlocked like the stock units or are they locked only. I would like to make my Creeper as"break resistant" as possible without losing functionality.

Thanks
BBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAZ View Post
While getting parts for my Creeper build, I have read many threads garding the weakness of the stock differentials and how they sometimes will not stay locked. Many have advised the use of FLM lockers for the creeper. Can these be locked/unlocked like the stock units or are they locked only. I would like to make my Creeper as"break resistant" as possible without losing functionality.

Thanks
the FLM lockers are non adjustable and will stay locked permanently....i have the FLM lockers and i dont miss my axles being unlocked at all. also consider getting some HR rear lockers and HR front knuckles and c-hubs, these will make your creeper a very solid rig.
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #3

Default Lockers

How does the FLM locker compare to the Venom alloy differential case? How does the alloy compare to stock?

Thanks
BBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
How does the FLM locker compare to the Venom alloy differential case? How does the alloy compare to stock?

Thanks
i personally have not heard of anybody breaking the venom diff case but i can tell you the FLM lockers are a very solid pice and can take anything you throw at it...well worth the money in my oppinion.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Thanks
the venom alloy case still lets you use the differental gears. i would only recomend it if someone still wants to use the locker funuction. due to the face that the plastic housing becomes egg shaped where the 3 pins stick through to lock the diff....
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
RCC Addict

the alloy case is just the case the flm lockers gets rid of the spider gears
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

i used ca glue to hold the lock ring to the case on 1 side and put some jb weld on the other to keep it from comming out
freakofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #8

Has anybody had any problems with getting orders from FLM? I ordered my lockers and aluminum stock replacement shock bodies almost two weeks ago. Still haven't gotten anything.
hexonox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

im not relly sure where i read this but i think it was said that they are a family owned buisness and that they recently had a family member in the hospital and had to hold off on the orders...but i wouldn worry, ive never heard of them ever rippin' people off. ive ordered from them twice before and one order came in 4 days and another in 7 days, i know its hard but just be patient and hopefully your order will be there soon.