Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default help

ok so ima get a creeper soon well hopefully at the latest itll be in may but my mom said if i get straight A's or mostly she will buy me a crawler but like 600 would be the max i could spend so on to what i need help with is the electronics. the rig will mostly see scaler trails but i dont want another scaler as i got a scx10 jk for a scaler so i was wondering if the venoline motor and esc would be a good one for this crawler it will have a hitec servo and idk bout the radio prolly the cheapest i can find but will everything hold up with the venoline esc and motor powered by a 6cell nimh battery oh yea and hows the axles and trans hold up over time i no the have wide gears but thers still no metal upgrade ones
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

First off let me start by saying good luck with your grades. . . Second off I would recommend you do a lot or reading here on the forums. . . Two threads specifically. . . The first is a sticky at the top of the venom forums titled "rmdw's T's & T's" the second one being RMDW's build thread called "on the creeper wagon" within these two threads alone is a wealth of info on setups, tuning, products and advise. Get to know these threads well as you will find (as I have) yourself referencing these threads often. I like to say read each of these threads through twice for each of them and you will know more than you thought you ever wanted to know about these capable rigs. . . That is my main advise to you. Now as far as your question. . . Im not to sure about the motor setup you are referring to. . . Guess I need to do some research myself eh? In any case I can however tell you what I run and what I like. I have the tekin fxr esc and a tekin 55t motor. . . Though I may be going to a 45t soon I can say that I like this setup and it works for me. . . So there is my. 02 im sure others will chime in but I wish you the best and welcome to the VC addiction
Chappy4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

thanks for the help the esc and motor is really a shortcourse system so idk but i can get a good deal on it and it has no drag brake. i have a 35t tekkin fxr in my scaler and it works great but im just lookin for a little more get up and go its wroks great tho and yea the sticky threads help alot i read them. really the main reason im lookin at the venom is because it has the unlockable diffs wich i no isnt really good for just hard core crawlin but on the trails with a unlocked dig and open diff you can make some pretty sharp turns and all ideas and help is welcome
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #4
RCC Addict

i run a 3s 17t and rooter tekin 35t and it goes just gear it up
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRockStar199xX View Post
thanks for the help the esc and motor is really a shortcourse system so idk but i can get a good deal on it and it has no drag brake. i have a 35t tekkin fxr in my scaler and it works great but im just lookin for a little more get up and go its wroks great tho and yea the sticky threads help alot i read them. really the main reason im lookin at the venom is because it has the unlockable diffs wich i no isnt really good for just hard core crawlin but on the trails with a unlocked dig and open diff you can make some pretty sharp turns and all ideas and help is welcome
Ok first off,,you wont like a SC set up in a crawler...you wont have the low end torque you need for crawling or getting yourself unstuck from bad binds. A drag brake of some sort is mandatory...the drag brake is the only reason Ive considered replacing my Rooster Crawler ESC as it has a weak drag brake. 45t or 55t motor are good for low end torque and wheel speed if you gear it right,,I run a 55t with a 19 tooth pinion and mine has plenty of rock hopping ability and enough low end torque to break parts.

My rig has so much steering (52*) that it will turn sharper than you will with an open diff..and I dont have dig.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote