Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Vermont

Notices

Thread: Jay Peak?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Jay Peak?

I'm slowly looking for a spot for us Canadians to spend a scaling camping week-end in the US, just for fun! Anyone tried Jay Peak in summer? Could be a nice place for a scale run?
rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Jay Peak?

I wish I had time to explore all the mountains with good trails. I can't help you with Jay Peak.

I can say though, that Mt. Ascutney (is near the town that shares the name) has my favorite scaler terrain in all of VT and NH that I have found. There are miles of hiking trails that I have spent days and days driving on and never get bored. The summit is some of the most fun. Starts out with roughly a 4 mile drive up the auto road and then it's about 3/4 of a mile hike to the summit, with several different trails you can take and they are all fun. There also has to be 4 or 5 campgrounds within a 20 minute drive and actually, there is a campground at the base of the auto road but I'm not sure how it operates, I'm pretty sure it's just show up and rent a site, but don't quote me on that.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Idk about jay peak itself but Montgomery (base town of jay peak) has a lot of single track mtb trails and hiking trails throughout. Good place to check where trail locations is at first trax bike shop right in town, pretty sure Donny is the owners name if I remember correctly. Back when I was riding mtb he had maps for the trails in the area and gave directions on where the trail heads are.
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote

Jay Peak? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A dodge for Jay elsewhere 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 02-19-2014 07:51 PM
Jay Leno Drives the all new '14 Z/28 STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 20 08-15-2013 06:42 AM
JAY - Just Another Yota ripper7777777 1.9 Scale Rigs 43 05-07-2012 09:43 AM
It's a Dynnamite "Vision Peak Ultra" AC/DC peak charger ped453 Newbie General 1 02-15-2010 10:24 PM