Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Vermont

Notices

Thread: snow!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default snow!

got almost 4 feet of snow in about 8 hours or so here today, have never seen a storm produce so much in one dumping of snow, was pretty crazy! 43" today where i'm at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LJ802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: snow!

Whoa! That’s a ton of white stuff! The pic of your roof would have me worried! That would be a chore in itself to clean off!

I’ve only ever seen about 3 feet at one time in one day here in Ohio back in ‘85. Snowmobiles was the way we were getting around the next couple days after. We did get hit hard in the ‘78 blizzard, but I was too young to remember exactly how much we got then.

Hope all goes well in digging out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:17 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

The most I’ve seen in one time was about 1ft a few years ago. But that was over a course of a few days, but it all stayed around until the end when it finally started to warm up. Nothing compared to almost 8ft!

ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:47 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Huh, I'm about an hour noth of you and we only got about 12". Send any extra our way, makes for good sledding.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:12 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Whoa! That’s a ton of white stuff! The pic of your roof would have me worried! That would be a chore in itself to clean off!

I’ve only ever seen about 3 feet at one time in one day here in Ohio back in ‘85. Snowmobiles was the way we were getting around the next couple days after. We did get hit hard in the ‘78 blizzard, but I was too young to remember exactly how much we got then.

Brian- I was pretty young too... living in Del-Co during the Blizzard of '78! I remember it snowed steady for a couple days and nights without stopping. They reported snowdrifts of up to 25' due to 70-100 mph winds although total snowfall was only reported 12" to 36". I've got a pic of me at the intersection of 315 and Home Rd. standing on one of the drifts and touching the top of the stop-sign lol. No electricity for days but we had a fireplace and wood-burning stove to keep us warm.

OP- That's absolutely crazy! Glad y'all are safe. I sure wish we'd see some of that white stuff down here in central Texas but obviously that rarely happens. I've lived in Texas for over 30 years and only seen it snow 3 times.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:30 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

yessir that will be my weekend chore to clean off my roofs! sucks hahaha but snowboarding will be fun!

Old 12-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #7
Slow is the new Fast

4 feet in 8 hrs is epic!

Reminds me of living in the Kootenays. That region gets epic dumps, 4 feet overnight is definitely one of those. We used to pack a snorkel when we hit the hills
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 03:15 PM   #8

I'm so jealous! I love snow.

Yes, it stinks to shovel out your car, but otherwise it looks great and it's fun.

We were supposed to get 20-something inches and we got about 10". Drifts took it up to around 24" at spots.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #9
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Brian- I was pretty young too... living in Del-Co during the Blizzard of '78! I remember it snowed steady for a couple days and nights without stopping. They reported snowdrifts of up to 25' due to 70-100 mph winds although total snowfall was only reported 12" to 36". I've got a pic of me at the intersection of 315 and Home Rd. standing on one of the drifts and touching the top of the stop-sign lol. No electricity for days but we had a fireplace and wood-burning stove to keep us warm.
Yeah, I was only 6 years old back in January '78. I really can't remember it very well, but I have seen pics of it here in Richland County. I found this pic of a semi that got drifted in out on State Route 13 beside the Mansfield Lahm Airport. All that was showing was his CB antenna's and I believe he spent a few days trapped until he was found. There was also a pic of him getting rescued. Somehow he survived it! This pic really shows how much drifting there was.

Name:  IMG_5798.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  74.1 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:58 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

The rain took away all our snow.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:38 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

That second picture, the building on the right. Is that your garage with the low roof? That looks lige its ready to go soon!
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:23 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
That second picture, the building on the right. Is that your garage with the low roof? That looks lige its ready to go soon!

nah that's my rabbit shed and pen area, the red building is my barn/garage, then my trailer, and i was happy to see the rain take it all away! had to clean a lot of ice bridges on my roofs before the rain

Old 12-28-2020, 01:25 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I was only 6 years old back in January '78. I really can't remember it very well, but I have seen pics of it here in Richland County. I found this pic of a semi that got drifted in out on State Route 13 beside the Mansfield Lahm Airport. All that was showing was his CB antenna's and I believe he spent a few days trapped until he was found. There was also a pic of him getting rescued. Somehow he survived it! This pic really shows how much drifting there was.

Attachment 393086

Thanks for posting that pic.. Man that takes me back... way back!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

snow! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mike's RC World F-350 Snow Plow Dually reveiw and snow plowing 1BadJeepBruiser Scale Videos! 0 03-08-2018 08:06 AM
Axial SCX10 snow trailing with DIY snow chains Growler Scale Videos! 0 01-28-2018 02:43 PM
Jeep Wranger Rubicon Vid... Snow Roads, Slow Crawls... Snow Cave! milestone Scale Videos! 0 02-22-2013 08:26 PM
Jeep Wranger Rubicon Vid... Snow Roads, Slow Crawls... Snow Cave! milestone Videos! 0 02-22-2013 10:43 AM
RC Adventures- SNOW Days Series - Trailing in DEEP SNOW.. Backwoods Style RCSPARKS Videos! 4 12-12-2010 10:46 AM