RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Videos! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/videos/)
-   -   how's my driving?? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/videos/220261-hows-my-driving.html)

CustomCrawlerZ 12-31-2009 03:06 PM

how's my driving??

i got some comments on my driving :mrgreen: what do you guys think ?i have 5 video's on my channel take a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDque...eature=related

renoirbud 12-31-2009 03:42 PM

I think you need to contact your local Hobby Town USA and ask for Randy. He will tell you where the next Varcor event is and then you will get a solid answer to your question.

CustomCrawlerZ 12-31-2009 05:21 PM

hobby town in Newport news,Va is a joke, that's differant topic though.. i have looked in to varcor events in the past, they have there comps hunderds of miles away,not going to drive 5-6 hours thru heavy city traffic just to find out how my driving stacks up to others. although i bet its a good time..8)

firekiddc02 12-31-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CustomCrawlerZ (Post 2195987)
hobby town in Newport news,Va is a joke, that's differant topic though.. i have looked in to varcor events in the past, they have there comps hunderds of miles away,not going to drive 5-6 hours thru heavy city traffic just to find out how my driving stacks up to others. although i bet its a good time..8)

It's not 5-6 hours from newport news to richmond where most of the comps are at. You should come up to our next comp on the 12th i believe it's a good time.

Gatekeeper 12-31-2009 06:12 PM

Not trying to be mean just trying to help,you need to practice one line [shoot to kill method]if you get a bad habbit of trying something over and over and taking a ton of reverses it will not turn out good.Keep practicing but try harder your 1st attempt .

CustomCrawlerZ 12-31-2009 06:22 PM

Richmond is possible.(if i can talk the ball and chain in to it.)i will check the varcor site.. although i dont have intrest in "comping" considering i have a R.T.C. and a tubed m.r.c. that i just cant seem to keep that little bastard running... but i have been wanting to see some real rigs in action.. hell, i have never even seen a dig in person, i feel deprived

MadForce 12-31-2009 06:22 PM

I would stop for a moment and take his ^^^ advice really seriously into consideration.

CustomCrawlerZ 12-31-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper (Post 2196079)
Not trying to be mean just trying to help,you need to practice one line [shoot to kill method]if you get a bad habbit of trying something over and over and taking a ton of reverses it will not turn out good.Keep practicing but try harder your 1st attempt .

thanks for the advise..i know what your saying.. i reverse far to much"thumbsup"
dont worry about being mean...just call it constructive criticism"thumbsup"(don't know if i spelled that right )

CustomCrawlerZ 12-31-2009 07:11 PM

yep....only a fool would ignore gatekeeper's advise "thumbsup"

firekiddc02 12-31-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CustomCrawlerZ (Post 2196098)
Richmond is possible.(if i can talk the ball and chain in to it.)i will check the varcor site.. although i dont have intrest in "comping" considering i have a R.T.C. and a tubed m.r.c. that i just cant seem to keep that little bastard running... but i have been wanting to see some real rigs in action.. hell, i have never even seen a dig in person, i feel deprived

Two guys that comp with us also have RTCs and do fine. Just bring it and have fun. Everybody will help you out up there.

CustomCrawlerZ 12-31-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firekiddc02 (Post 2196222)
Two guys that comp with us also have RTCs and do fine. Just bring it and have fun. Everybody will help you out up there.

I'm going to talk my old lady in to going tonight while she's wasted:mrgreen: technically its not an rtc anymore its got aluminum links rooster crawler 45t combo on a 7 cell saddle pack ,rovers and 4 linked rear.. thank you Santa Claus "thumbsup" lol

constantmotion 01-01-2010 10:29 AM

A higher end ESC with drag brake would help you out a lot. You need to learn a little more throttle control and not always "all out". I know that the stock ESC doesn't help much there.

CustomCrawlerZ 01-01-2010 11:39 AM

yep, those hammers kill me and the stock e.s.c.kinda forced more reverses than i actually take . i got the rooster crawler installed now and some rovers .. when it ever dry's up down here i gonna take some "driver improvement" footage .. lol and then i cant blame my equipment... lol

GEARSCIENCE 01-02-2010 01:42 PM

try some different tires"thumbsup" some rover:mrgreen: and sipe them!

jcboof 01-10-2010 04:14 PM

Also, try to work on being smoother and more progressive on the throttle. Being jumpy and quick with the throttle gets you no where but in trouble.
During a comp, I try to be fast yet controlled on the course, only slowing down for extremely technical sections. This does not mean that I rush the course, I simply make up time where I can and take time where i need it.

Forward progression is the key to rock crawling, reverses may be necessary sometimes, but a lot of times you can simply throttle and steer your way out of a bad line. Thinking about how your crawler will react to a situation is KEY. Knowing that when you put your Left front tire on top of that rock and turning Right will cause your right rear tire to grip another rock and potentially help you up a ledge or whatever.

Alot of people talk about how their crawler is consistent and predictable. This is what they mean by that. Knowing that when they do one particular thing with their crawler, they know how it will react so they know how to prepare for it and combat any negative reactions.

Keep practicing, you'll get it down.

Like Austin (Gatekeeper) said, pick the right line the first time and you'll do much better! Practice Practice Practice!!"thumbsup"