Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Washington

Notices

Thread: Bremerton area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #1

Default Bremerton area

who all is on here from the Bremerton area? i'm laid up because of shoulder surgery and wont be able to wheel my full size jeep until probably july so decided I should start checking in on the scale/rc cars to keep me busy.

i can't look in the classifieds yet because of forum rules, but if anyone has something for sale lemme know. i'll still be reading through as much tech and what not as I can seeing as I wont have much else to do during the day sitting on my couch.
RedNeckRea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Well, I might as well bump this thread.

Sadly, there isn't that much to crawl on here in Kitsap. We are down to two hobby shops, the one in Silverdale is questionable, the sales people are a little goofy. The hobby shop at the Bremerton RC Speedway has one little section for crawlers and scalers, it was sad to look at. They have a XR10 on the shelf with a faded price tag of $299 (they weren't too happy when I told them what they were going for now...)

As far as crawling goes, I have found an area that looks pretty good for crawling, but not sure if I'll get kicked off of the rocks or not. The quay way that runs around the Silverdale Beach Hotel looks like it would be great for crawling on. There are enough rocks that it might actually make a good comp area, but doing anything that big would require permission of the hotel. I'm putting some VP wheels on my rig and changing my front link setup, I think I might go down there on Thursday afternoon for some practice and turning.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm in Bremerton about once a month visiting family. I normally have my scaler and Wraith with me. I've crawled at the beach parks but that is about it.
aprobert1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

As far as scalers go, I live near Wildcat Lake, I'm going to see how the trail is for scalers next week sometime, weather permitting (the truck is waterproof, I'm not)...
Old 09-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
As far as scalers go, I live near Wildcat Lake, I'm going to see how the trail is for scalers next week sometime, weather permitting (the truck is waterproof, I'm not)...
i have a pretty good rock pile on the side of my home, i live in port orchard. we have bullys,scalers, losi's , wraith. my pile is like 6ft by 20 ft and 5 ft in hieght at its peak.
feel free to p.m. me if you wanna come crawl it.
we have 8 diff. crawlers in the garage and we build the 1.1 crawlers too.
super samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I'll be in Bremerton this weekend. Coming up Thursday night. I might have some time to play on Friday. I'll have my wraith and maybe my 1.9 xj. I'll be in Manchester(port orchard) most of the day on Friday at my grandpa's house.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprobert1981 View Post
I'll be in Bremerton this weekend. Coming up Thursday night. I might have some time to play on Friday. I'll have my wraith and maybe my 1.9 xj. I'll be in Manchester(port orchard) most of the day on Friday at my grandpa's house.
I live basically in manchester sorta, just over the hill looking at bremerton, off hillcrest, which is off woods rd. would have to be in after noon, I do not get home till around 3:30, p.m. for a # if you wanna.
Thanks brian
Old 09-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

pm'ed ya
Old 11-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Anyone interested in getting together for a trail run at Wildcat Lake hiking trail? I'm looking at doing it in the near future when the weather isn't too bad (My truck is weatherproof, but I'm not, nor is my radio...).

Anyone Interested?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

is it decent for scalin? i used to ride my mt bike on that trail back when i raced them.
i have my own little trail system by my house, no rocks but lots of hills and soft dirt and trails.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by super samurai View Post
is it decent for scalin? i used to ride my mt bike on that trail back when i raced them.
i have my own little trail system by my house, no rocks but lots of hills and soft dirt and trails.
Last time I was up there it was, but that was 3 - 4 years ago. I want to give it a walk to see if it is OK.