Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Washington

Notices

Thread: North Washington Trail Running

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #1

Exclamation North Washington Trail Running

I am looking to start a MeetUp (using the website) group for RC enthusiasts, but more specifically Trail Running and/or Amateur Crawling. I am based out of the Everett, WA area...so I am trying to get local people to come out once a week, probably Sundays, for trail running and bashing. The areas I will choose in the beginning will be in Snohomish County and Northern King County such as Ballard Beach. The bigger we get, the better and farther the areas.

My main goal is to have a bout 6-12 people show up per event and eventually if we get really big, different groups with one group leader who will basically say "this is where I am going, if you want...here is the location", but more importantly I want something very organized and some way of knowing whether anyone will actually show up, which is why I am using the MeetUp website. The website will cost ME about $20 a month but I am willing to pay for it if people actually catch on to this thing. And FYI, the website is FREE TO USE, only the creator pays the monthly fee. On a side note, when we start making landmarks and regular meetups I would like to do BBQ's and such too!

Email me at ethan_ajs@yahoo.com or text 8155178231and let me know if you are interested. I'm not looking for a huge commitment, just some people who want to have fun once a week doing what we all love to do...RC!
MatteBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: North Washington Trail Running

Hi Ethan im currently in Jacksonville FL but I will be moving out to Everett next spring. Im currently looking to get back into crawling and searching for people in the Everett area to find out what kind of krawler scene it has. I hope what you are proposing works out!
revin9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm in! I'll send you a text.
colebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #4

Cool Re: North Washington Trail Running

Thanks for the replies! Colebz and I are hanging out this Sunday, we're hitting up a really big well known mountain bike trail underneath the I5 highway in Seattle. It's a really gnarly spot and I hope we can get some more followers in the future.

And to revin9k, hit me up in the spring when you move out here! My wife moved out here from FL so she knows what you're in for, and my mom used to live in FL too so we'll help you get adjusted. As far as activity goes there is the WARRC, WARCRC , but they do a lot of stuff almost 2 hours away so I haven't had a chance to do that yet but I know Colebz said he has a bunch and it's pretty awesome! Just save my number and hit me up when you make it out here!
MatteBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatteBlack View Post
Thanks for the replies! Colebz and I are hanging out this Sunday, we're hitting up a really big well known mountain bike trail underneath the I5 highway in Seattle. It's a really gnarly spot and I hope we can get some more followers in the future.

And to revin9k, hit me up in the spring when you move out here! My wife moved out here from FL so she knows what you're in for, and my mom used to live in FL too so we'll help you get adjusted. As far as activity goes there is the WARRC, WARCRC , but they do a lot of stuff almost 2 hours away so I haven't had a chance to do that yet but I know Colebz said he has a bunch and it's pretty awesome! Just save my number and hit me up when you make it out here!
Hey there, I run the WARCRC Scale Series and live in Lake Stevens. Make sure to check out the 2014 schedule....there is a lot more closer spots this year. Also, we travel sometimes because there is just no extremely fun stuff to crawl on...give us a chance...you really need to check out some of the spot. Northwestscalerc.com does events also but they tend to do a little bit more stuff down south.

Justin,
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
Hey there, I run the WARCRC Scale Series and live in Lake Stevens. Make sure to check out the 2014 schedule....there is a lot more closer spots this year. Also, we travel sometimes because there is just no extremely fun stuff to crawl on...give us a chance...you really need to check out some of the spot. Northwestscalerc.com does events also but they tend to do a little bit more stuff down south.

Justin,
I will definitely be contacting you guys when i move out there, I've seen your clubs YouTube videos and the stuff you guys do looks like so much fun

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
revin9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Don't overlook free forums.com I set up the east side website cwrcrc.freeforums.com 3 years ago and haven't paid a dime. Not that we need more clubs to work schedules around but definetly need more people playing with toy trucks!!
ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

There's a lot of us out here I'm just in Lynnwood and know a few local guys that love to crawl
Arnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnel View Post
There's a lot of us out here I'm just in Lynnwood and know a few local guys that love to crawl
Do you guys have a schedule or anything? Question....why don't you guys check out a WARCRC or NWSRC comp? We always like new folks. Have you heard bad things or something?

Justin,
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:03 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnel View Post
Im one of them! I am local too (in Everett) and I know there is a lot more people in the area too. I know you originally post this a few months back, but have you looked at any groups on Facebook... beyond the info the other posts have given you?
jeepnvinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:35 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Bunch of us from NWSRC went out too Fairfax today for just a little fun run and had about 20 guys out there just having fun. But hit up both the local clubs like WARCRC and NWSRC for gtg's and comps. Both a great group of guys.
nwnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

yep, lots of people, lots of places and lots of clubs in Washington (4 clubs that I know of with websites) the scale scene is strong in the PNW including or Oregon friends.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

yep, lots of people, lots of places and lots of clubs in Washington (4 clubs that I know of with websites) the scale scene is strong in the PNW including or Oregon friends.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote

North Washington Trail Running - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Running the creek trail Metal Masher Scale Videos! 0 10-19-2012 11:24 PM
Anybody running an R2 tranny in their X-Trail Killa-Cotton General Scale Talk 0 06-30-2010 05:20 PM
Off to go scale running just north of stillwater intimadationrc Minnesota 2 11-28-2009 06:58 PM
2006-07 Washington WARCRC (Washington R/C Rock Crawlers) grover Competition Results 2 05-12-2007 11:49 PM