Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > West Virginia

Notices

Thread: Indoor Course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Indoor Course

Just throwing this idea out there. I know a few of us would like to get into some comps with our crawlers and I was wondering if any of you would like to find someplace to start an indoor course. I know there is no place for free so that means that a few people would have to come up with enough money to rent a place.

How big do you all think it could get around here? Any help or any advise would be great.
Onebdgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Lol Glad you posted this mike. like i was telling ya earlier ive been looking at buildings Nothing too large but big enough for a decent course plus decent pit area work. Yeah it wont be free by no means but as a whole we could make it work easily just get everyone together

Im down to make it happen.... are you all??
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Love the idea, but fear the reality. Hurricane hills took off quick but fell off even quicker. The rcwv website took off like wild fire then died off. I like to get together and crawl as much as possible. I am just unsure of the success of a business. In order for it to succeed it needs to be ran as a business.

Just my two cents. I really hope this can work and will give as much support as I can.
wvbigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yeah i know what ya mean there. It wasnt meaning as a business but a indoor crawling grounds. to practice/ hold comps that kinda nature.

It'll take all of th wv crew to make it work. Nate brought up the idea the other day when i talked to him at Wvhobbies, the more i thought about it the more i thought we could pull it off. If we find a good indoor location for a right price monthly and more we get to pitch in with rentals the less everyone pays

basicly saying to get anytype of comps around here weve gotta find a good indoor place. Plus everyone put in a helping hand as well
Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #5

I'm down here in Mingo and don't have an indoor place but I do have a place we could build an outdoor. Comp area. Thought about building on myself and a dirt track as well. But I'm really the only guy I know that fools with rc in this area.
theidealbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I'm all for it, but I doubt I could contribute financially. I'll help all I can with manual labor though. If I had the finances, you guys wouldn't be having this conversation since I'd already have a place...

This is the perfect time of the year to start it too. That's why hurricane hills didn't take off... It was the wrong time of the year to try to start an indoor thing.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

cody put alot of work time and money into his course and it didnt seem to last long.

theres not enuff money in the hobby, or this perticular area, to support a ""business"" it sucks but its the truth.

you all know me and aaron would be down to come crawl a time or so a month, but its not something either one of use would do as a club or monthly dues.

and we all know that rcwv went to crap because of the tool bag running it.
jbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeane View Post
cody put alot of work time and money into his course and it didnt seem to last long.

theres not enuff money in the hobby, or this perticular area, to support a ""business"" it sucks but its the truth.

you all know me and aaron would be down to come crawl a time or so a month, but its not something either one of use would do as a club or monthly dues.

and we all know that rcwv went to crap because of the tool bag running it.
I believe douchebags are the common cause of a lot of RC businesses going to sh*t. What's up with that?
DiggyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

i game to do something
axialchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I'm more into the scalers but I would like to get together at least once a month to hang out and maybe plan with the scalers on the rocks. It would be nice to have a place to go for the winter months but I think we are all so busy in the summer that it's hard to get together.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Nothing was ever said anything about it been a business. It was said to everyone pitch in the money for rent for a good sized building monthly and build an indoor course, and when its time to start holding org comps to charge a small entry fee. I thought it would bring interest here but i guess theres not enough to start. Ive been looking at buildings to rent monthly to start winter and summer comps for comps and scalers> dont get me wrong i like trail running alot heck but nothing like comping on rocks in a closed area. Ive also broken down the numbers on rentel fee's and what not and actually not that bad, but since there isnt much interest in this topic whats the sense in explaining it
Old 11-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I have to say, speaking from experience, that it takes a lot of time and effort to build, promote, and host these type things. I never intended to make any money with Hurricane Hills rather to provide a decent place for us to hang out. It was good while it lasted and i will donate materials and time when i can to helping out. I still have all of the elevated course, the hanging bridges, ropes, and a lot of rock available if it can be used. Someone just get a hold of me and i'll do what i can to help out.

I have spoken to Chuck at WV hobbies about building something inside but he isn't interested. That is the only way i see something like this surviving.

Jimmy, lets open a hobby shop!!!
CaptainSafety is offline   Reply With Quote