Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Devil's Lake Halloween 2008

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Devil's Lake Halloween 2008

I made it to the North Shore of Devil's Lake for an hour and a half or so today while the kids were waterparking in the Dells. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Mid-60s and sunny. Trees are way past peak but still have some leafs but most are already on the ground.

I hit a spot before you get to the main entry gate and then another at the end of the parking lot after the East Bluff Trail. Both were really good with some HUGE rocks and the ability to string a few together if you don't mind leafs.

I am definitely going to make the 16th if the weather looks decent. Is a battery powered leaf blower appropriate? If not I'll bring a broom to shoo a few of the leafs out of the way.
Attached Images

schmenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

that looked like a good time. i been working out side in madison this week and today was by far the best day of the week for the weather. know if i can get the wife to come or let me go and the 16th i will get out with my rig and see what is really has.
newbie8324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Nice day for sure gotta love those fall days.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:38 PM   #4
MWRCA'er

Nice glad to see to you finally made it out there. I love that rock just so many good lines that promote major challenge and difficulty. There is some wild lines up on top of the bluffs. Really techincal climbs. I really love the texture of that rock where it's green its grippy where it's not is slick. That parking area just inside the park is where we usually go once we first arrive. We have held 3 comps at that very spot.
http://www.hobbyzip.com/search/videos/a/1/devils

There is some mighty big rocks a little bit much for a scaler. Most of the time when we GTG we just start at the bottom of a bluff trail and crawl to the top. Head back to the car to fix breakage and grab lunch. Then head up to the other bluff. I don't know about a leaf blower, being that's a state park its probably not a very good idea. Like I say most of the time were constantly on the move anyways. We commonly clear with our shoes. There is some distance between the good challenges but also plenty of rip rap type stuff to keep you occupied on the way.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:32 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

That looked like some fun got to enjoy the last of the good weather very nice...........kasper
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

How about one of those HUGE rocks in your basement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
That looked like some fun got to enjoy the last of the good weather very nice...........kasper
schmenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #7
MWRCA'er

I really wish I had that rock the size of a VW near the first parking area. Just so many lines, almost like it was created for crawlers.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote