Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Rules

Notices

Thread: MRC Digs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default MRC Digs

With the upcoming release of the dig unit(s) for the Losi MRC, what are your thoughts on how they should be handled in comps?? Obviously the rules strictly state that there is no dig allowed, I am wondering how other clubs are going to go about making allowances for rigs with dig. The way I see it, there are 2 methods of going about it.

A. Make the driver physically lock out the dig mechanism through means of a stationary turnbuckle that freezes the rig in 4wd, or some similar provision.

B. Make those with radios that allow for switch inhibiting disable all their switches and demonstrate this to the judges at tech-in. Obviously judges are going to be able to tell if someone uses dig in the middle of a comp, and thus the driver would be DQ'd immediately.

I was just curious if anyone else had any input on it, and if there is going to be an addendum to the rules to allow for such practices without any gray areas.
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

At WCC the Novice class could not use dig. There were many vehicles in the class that had it including Bergs. They did not make them disable it, just let them know that if a judge sees you use it, it's a "50 driver".

I don't think it's necessary to disable, it's pretty obvious when someone uses it. Plus I like the idea that someone could accidently use it out of habit and DQ themselves for their mistake. So some may want to disable it on their own just for that reason.

I would bet a large sum that the rules will not be changed. They are pretty clear as is.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The only way I see them changing it is if losi includes a dig in the kit. Seeing as the rules are built around the truck, thats probally the only way.
Terminator13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsurf View Post
At WCC the Novice class could not use dig. There were many vehicles in the class that had it including Bergs. They did not make them disable it, just let them know that if a judge sees you use it, it's a "50 driver".

I don't think it's necessary to disable, it's pretty obvious when someone uses it. Plus I like the idea that someone could accidently use it out of habit and DQ themselves for their mistake. So some may want to disable it on their own just for that reason.

I would bet a large sum that the rules will not be changed. They are pretty clear as is.
True, that's kinda evil haha, I like that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator13 View Post
The only way I see them changing it is if losi includes a dig in the kit. Seeing as the rules are built around the truck, thats probally the only way.
Yeah, I didn't mean to change them to allow functioning digs, I just wondered if there would be any verbiage added to say that a dig unit can in fact be IN a rig, but not usable, or something of that nature.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
True, that's kinda evil haha, I like that!!

Yeah, I didn't mean to change them to allow functioning digs, I just wondered if there would be any verbiage added to say that a dig unit can in fact be IN a rig, but not usable, or something of that nature.
Gotcha. Honestly I still don't think it will change, but you never know.
Terminator13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I'm just gonna refrain for paying for one until/if it becomes legal.

Why learn to drive a truck with it only to remove it when it matters. I'd hate to think its available then use it in a comp as a boner move and be 50 pts out.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I'm the same way honestly, I won't buy one unless they become legal (which I don't see happening). But at the same time, I've heard of a few guys locally that mentioned getting one just for shits n giggles..
Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

1.9 class would not be as fun or competative w/digs.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #9
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
I disagree.

Running 1.9s in small areas is a PITA without dig. I think it would just make it easier to setup courses without people having to take 3 point turns so much.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Agreed. I like the spec class idea and that is one thing I like most about competing in 1.9. Puts more driving skill into the competitions.

Just my $0.02
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

losi with a dig.. sweet I am putting dig on my scaler F the rules.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote