Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: my new xtm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Smile my new xtm

already climbed for 3 days straight with no axle ploblems, xtm really corrected this issue, my crawler is strong! thanks xtm
krazikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2009, 03:51 AM   #2

Well that maks me feel a little better , i have the yellow as well , still stuck in africa and cant get home to build her. What combo ya runnin, brushed or brushless?
dubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default brushed or brushless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsy View Post
Well that maks me feel a little better , i have the yellow as well , still stuck in africa and cant get home to build her. What combo ya runnin, brushed or brushless?
i am running a novak rooster crawler brushed 55 system, i was going to go brushless but i was told that since i am running so slow and my motors do not get hot (like lower turn carpet race cars) i will not have to rebuild as often. i am i newbie to this crawling and was wondering if you new about this being true?
Old 02-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #4

novak 55 is a sweet combo dude!

dubbsy......... just remember ive already sausaged rolled it for ya.......that makes me feel better! lol
acko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Default novak xtm

what do you mean by sausage rolled? also if i am runnin a single 7.2 volt batt. does the charge split to each servo( 3.6 volts) ? if so that means my 140 oz. servos is only putting out 70oz. each right?
Old 02-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What do you mean by "yellow"? I bought my X-C last September.
t9dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #7

the yellow refers to the colour of the picture on the box you would have recieved it in .supposedly product support at hobby people ( if i remeber right, buy from mny stores lol ) said that the old axles where sligthly weaker and the new strength axles where shipped coincidentally at the same time the colour on the box went from black to yellow. we aret sure which was the newest colour though so it dont mean much, i am presuming the yellow box is the newest as i bought mine 3 weeks ago and that was the colour but who really knows the answer to this riddle. I still havent been able to try it yet so i cant comment on the strength .

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazikev View Post
i am running a novak rooster crawler brushed 55 system, i was going to go brushless but i was told that since i am running so slow and my motors do not get hot (like lower turn carpet race cars) i will not have to rebuild as often. i am i newbie to this crawling and was wondering if you new about this being true?
I think people actually reckon brushed is a bit better for low speed response , dont know if true or what. i'll be runnin my brushless and be lovin it i'm sure. but your combo sounds good.

Last edited by THX_138; 11-24-2016 at 11:58 PM.
dubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Default 7.2 volt split?

Quote:
I think people actually reckon brushed is a bit better for low speed response , dont know if true or what. i'll be runnin my brushless and be lovin it i'm sure. but your combo sounds good.
so what do you guys think about what i asked before, is the voltage split to 3.6 for each motor and servo if i am using a single 7.2 volt??
Old 02-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

how is it wired? parallel or series?
if you have them y corded (parrallel) volts stay the same,but will draw twice the amps(powering motors)
you runnin a bec or powering from esc to rx?
servos on different channels or y-cord?
got a pic or a wiring diagram?
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Default wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
how is it wired? parallel or series?
if you have them y corded (parrallel) volts stay the same,but will draw twice the amps(powering motors)
you runnin a bec or powering from esc to rx?
servos on different channels or y-cord?
got a pic or a wiring diagram?
i have the novak rooster crawlwer esc with 55s. esc is y
wired. the esc has a build in bec and i am running a futuba 3 channel pistal grip so my servos turn at the same time. my motors and esc are always cold and never heat up which is good, drawing twice the amps would be ok since my esc and motors are not running hot, right?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

still a little confused kev
i am runnin 2 krawler esc's and a seperate 10 amp bec,are you runnin just 1 for the two motors?
i tried runing just the one esc and kept getting "clod stall" ..lack of rear axle power and that was on a moa 2.2 set-up
so im guessin from your set up that you are lacking "dig" and you are in 4 wheel steer all the time
is this correct?
Old 02-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
still a little confused kev
i am runnin 2 krawler esc's and a seperate 10 amp bec,are you runnin just 1 for the two motors?
i tried runing just the one esc and kept getting "clod stall" ..lack of rear axle power and that was on a moa 2.2 set-up
so im guessin from your set up that you are lacking "dig" and you are in 4 wheel steer all the time
is this correct?
i have two rooster crawler escs and not lacking any dig and yes my 4 wheel steer is full time, i am so used to motors getting hot when i race my rug burn car ( on road race car on carpet) this rock crawling thing is great, i dont have to worry about over heating. my motors stay cold. my servos get a little warm but never hot, is this normal? i see you live in new york so do i. i am on long island, where are you?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:52 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

hey kev..yep my servos get pretty warm, actually had 2 catch fire last summer practicing for comp,nasty smell
and fyi i am in a suburb of buffalo,30 minutes from niagara falls
one of my best friends is originally from Long Island came up here to go to college and she is still here 15 yrs later!