Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: X-crawler parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default X-crawler parts

Is Hobby People/Global Hobby the only place to get replacement parts for an X-crawler? Is there any aftermart support?
Pocket Rockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
Sometimes, I make things.

Hobby people may be your only option. I did some searching when I had my X and besides some nuts and bolts and things I didn't find any other retailers. Its a shame they didn't fix the gear problem, the X would have been very popular if they did as evreything else in the kit is very nice ( besides the shocks )

I didn't find any aftermarket upgrades either, evreything is already billet and it has full ball bearings. Good luck with your build, if yoju do it rite it should be a badazz rig.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

depends on what you are looking for...suspension just about any will work just take your measurements and go from there. links... probably going to end up making your own if you want something different. the majority of the x crawler is pretty stout stuff. Once you fix the small reliability issues its a pretty stout rig. post what you are looking for and i will tell you what ive found, but the majority of it is taking measurements and retrofitting.
Super Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I'm most concerned about the gears and drive axle. So, the way I understand it, if you get an older model you might have to replace the 8T/34T gears and the drive axles. That comes out to 4 x $16 + 2 x $11 + tax (Cali) and shipping. That's like $100 to make it reliable!

After comparing this axle to the super Bully, I think I'll go with the Bully. Cost wise, the Bully's may be cheaper since the are beefy out of the box. I wouldn't use the chassis and links. I want to build an MOA with a pimp cane chassis. I already have some 40 series wheels. So, with the XTM kit, I'd only use the axles anyway.
Pocket Rockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Rockets View Post
I'm most concerned about the gears and drive axle. So, the way I understand it, if you get an older model you might have to replace the 8T/34T gears and the drive axles. That comes out to 4 x $16 + 2 x $11 + tax (Cali) and shipping. That's like $100 to make it reliable!

After comparing this axle to the super Bully, I think I'll go with the Bully. Cost wise, the Bully's may be cheaper since the are beefy out of the box. I wouldn't use the chassis and links. I want to build an MOA with a pimp cane chassis. I already have some 40 series wheels. So, with the XTM kit, I'd only use the axles anyway.
I wouldn't go the XTM route with what you want to do. They aluminum housings look good but thats about it. Mine lasted 5 minutes from the time it first ran till I broke the gears. I would go Bully, IMHO.
teamone is offline   Reply With Quote