• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wandering foam inserts

Rptorman

I got a Bully 2 RTR for Christmas. I'm having issues with my foams wandering around on the wheel rings. How are you guys getting yours to stay centered? Also, does anybody know of any printed or silicone inserts? I'm running the comp pins that came with the rig.
Thank in advance.

Last edited:
My set rarely gets used but the foams stay seated with nothing done to them.

Can you actually feel the foams moving around or is it the sidewall just rolling over? I ask because these should be a single stage foam (unless its changed over time) which does fine most of the time but when side hilling the wheels will fold over sometimes.

If thats the case you could pick up some dual stage foams or seek out a 3D printed set.

If the foams are moving you could apply some adhesive backed sandpaper or griptape to the outside of the wheel barrel between the foam and wheel.

Last edited:
My set rarely gets used but the foams stay seated with nothing done to them.

Can you actually feel the foams moving around or is it the sidewall just rolling over? I ask because these should be a single stage foam (unless its changed over time) which does fine most of the time but when side hilling the wheels will fold over sometimes.

If thats the case you could pick up some dual stage foams or seek out a 3D printed set.

If the foams are moving you could apply some adhesive backed sandpaper or griptape to the outside of the wheel barrel between the foam and wheel.

After I drive they move around and in turn start wobbling. The grip tape idea is a good one.

as foams break down they shrink and will flop around inside the tire
doesn't matter what foam you use this will happen eventually
you can store the rig with the wheels off the ground to help them last longer
you can replace or upgrade your foams or
stop using foam inserts altogether and go with 3d printed or silicone inserts
or if ya have some old tires laying around you could use those as inserts instead of foams

Back