Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: Getting back to my 1:1 after 3 yrs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post

But I tossed my steering box like 6 years ago and never looked back
X2,

I would just run full hydraulic and not have to worry about it. Takes a little getting used to on the street, but still is drivable.

Had this system by Avalanche Engineering about 9 or so years, just had it re-worked / moved to the center and it's working better than ever. And it's just a single ram.

[IMG][/IMG]
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

This is my current setup I have had for a lil over 3 years (same setup I had prior on my hp44)

crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

If I were going with a deticated trail rig I would have gone full hydro but seeing as this rig was supposed to be my ESAT rig and severe weather transport for my local HOSP, urgent services vehicle I had planned to keep it simple and still streetable. (that's kinda gone out the window now with my back all jacked) But plans are to just finish off what I've got and see where we go from there. My girl really wants to keep it but I think I'll end up selling it after I let her atleast drive it.
There's really not that extreme of terrain around here even with driving to neighboring states that would "need" full hydro.

I may end up selling it to buy or trade for a nice 2dr Tahoe or Yukon (96-99) OR,,,,,,, strip it all down and use the drive train for a SAS into my old 94 ext. pkup.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
If you have the ability to make a new cap I would....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
I caught an IROK on a tree with my new full width axles and blew all my fluid out the cap when it split open. I was going quite slow too.
If you are going to tap the cap, definately make a new one that is stronger.
Well, that settles it then, I think I'll grab a cap from a yard and work on milling me a thick billet one and use some stainless hardware.
If it works out well enough, maybe I'll to print it and have them made as upgrades. I swore someone used to make them but I've googled and can't find a damn thing on them.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Default ""It's ALIVE"" and breathing thunder!

Finally got the Drive shaft and Yoke in from High angle drive line. After sourcing a new output yoke nut and seal (along with 2 impact sockets I didn't own) I finally have a rear drive line.
I checked all the clearences today, added a little more fuel, reattached the trans linkage (properly set to park) and fired er' up.

She now moves under her own power!!!! For the first time in over 4yrs I was able to back er' out and take it up the steet and back. I also gave it a run up my neighbors walk which is small ramp just to get a poser shot.

I've still got a ways to go but WOW, this things got balls. Just in 2WD high it wants to lay down a patch and squat like a pro stock car.

Considering the brakes need bleed, and the hydro assist isn't on yet, it brakes and turns really easy. I'm sure turning will be different once air'd down and on some rocks but I'm pretty happy with the turning radius and feel of the rig even with the rear 13bolt welded shut.
Here's just a few pics of todays mile stone.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #26
Yashua

LOKKIN' GOOD KRAKKER , MAN YOU'LL HAVE A BALL WHEN YA GET HER DONE .
I MISS THE 1.1'S I'VE HAD OVER THE YEARS , MOSTLY 'OL POWER WAGONS WITH 203 FULL TIME SETUPS AND DANA 60'S.
THINGS HAVE CHANGED A LOT.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote