Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: My high school love affair with a Mopar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default My high school love affair with a Mopar

Back in high school my first car was a 72 dodge dart /6 4door gold paint with a shit brown vinyl top. I paid 300 for it, and it was ugly as hell but it was mine. I blew the /6 and ended up tossing in a 318ci which eventually had some 360 heads tossed on it and it ran like a raped ape. Until I decided to try and jump it, needless to say I bent the frame ripped away a motor mount and ended up giving it away when I left for the army.
That was 13yrs ago.

I don't quite know why but I have always loved darts since then and promised myself I'd own another.

Fast forward many yrs and many projects later, i started skimming ads again and tossing around the idea of picking one up. But apparently since moving to so. cal the price of the dart seemed to double over night. A car I could get for 1000 a year ago guys are wanting 3000 now. So I kind of backed off of the idea.

Until this morning, I got home after working a 17 hr shift dump myself into bed and the next thing I know the wife's waking me up With WAY too much enthusiasm. Her brother has been a mechanic for a long time and happened across a guy that was moving out of state, and had a car that he was looking to sell. Curiosity got the best of him and he called my wife as soon as he saw it

A 74' dart swinger 2door non vinyl factory v8(318ci)
New tires, older mags
Offenhauser hi rise
Comp cam
Hooker headers
And a couple other tidbits

The guy says he wants 1500$. My bro in law hand him the cash right there.
THEN calls my wife to tell her about my new car
Apparently this was his way of repaying me for a truck that I bought him a few yrs back.

Now I gotta Schedule the time off to go back "home" to pick her up which is about a 7 hr drive one way.

So that's my story and here's my newest project:
As my brother n law would say "she's a fuggin runner man!!"

boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: My high school love affair with a Mopar

Looks like a good start to a project, what are your plans for it.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

First plan is its going to my brother's shop where he's going to take a real good look at her, he said on the test drive that it MOVES. It seems that the guy put alot of love into the drivetrain before he messed with anything else.
So once we make sure that its squared away i'll be ordering all new black intererior parts for it. Bring it down here and start working on the blocking the body and prepping for paint.
Paint will be Mopar FC7 or "Plum Crazy Purple" with the black hood and bumble bee stripe.

I just want a nice streetable ride that i can toss the fam in and cruise around, but can hold its own power-wise. These cars are pretty light and it doesnt take much to get them to move quick.
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Nice, I wish I had a brother n law like that
AkFordfan is offline   Reply With Quote

My high school love affair with a Mopar - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My love affair with Wraith rocketron Axial Wraith 16 10-16-2011 10:16 PM
Introduction, my rig, and my love affair with plexiglass StyleElements HPI Wheely King 13 07-13-2009 02:04 PM
Lets see your "School" bodies ... College, High School, etc. Locked Up Paint and Body 15 08-18-2008 12:09 AM
RCP High Clearance Kuckles, why I love 'em! mysharona Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 07-21-2008 01:45 PM
high school Rc_Kid Chit Chat 55 09-05-2007 10:19 PM