Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: warriorsimi's 1.1 project" toy"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default warriorsimi's 1.1 project" toy"

i had two days off from firefighting .when i got home i was going to trade my 1993 silverado for an 1994 bronco ,long story short i got a call on my truck and ended up selling it ,the next day i found this 1970 fj40 on craigslist.i only had two hours to drive to the sellers house, do the deal and get back to the fire base.i didn't even drive it just asked the seller if he could hold it for me till i sent someone to pick it up.plans are to get it road worthy and then start some fabbing.it will be mostly a trail rig .heres the pics i took before coming back to work.

Last edited by warriorsimi; 08-27-2013 at 12:19 PM.
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: warriorsimi's 1.1 project" toy"

cool. I know were you live might have to drive by to snag the sucker before you get home. looks like it might tow fine
silver falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Those old 40's are way cool! And they make awesome trail rigs. Keep us posted on the build!
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver falcon View Post
cool. I know were you live might have to drive by to snag the sucker before you get home. looks like it might tow fine
Already thought of that got it turned around.haha
Hopefully get it roadworthy next weekend .
Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

went looking on the interweb. came by this site. was it the same one you were looking at
https://www.roguefab.com/
Old 08-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
RCC Addict

yup that is gonna be my next bender.can't wait to get started on the fj ,finally a 1.1 project and like the 1/10th scale i am still broke.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

went to check a vid on it working. one thing I did notice, is that it will need alot of air to run the ram out when bending. might look into to see if they do an electric over hydraulic set up. with the air set up you'll will need to get a big shop compressor to run it I bet.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver falcon View Post
went to check a vid on it working. one thing I did notice, is that it will need alot of air to run the ram out when bending. might look into to see if they do an electric over hydraulic set up. with the air set up you'll will need to get a big shop compressor to run it I bet.

We made that video running off just the TANK on our compressor. It is much faster with the compressor on. Our ~10CFM compressor only runs at about 25% duty when we are bending continuously, which nobody does. Unless you are doing large production runs. Most of time spent in tube bending is measureing, notching, and positioning.

You are welcome to set up an electric/hydraulic setup. We don't have one at this time.
roguefab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguefab View Post
We made that video running off just the TANK on our compressor. It is much faster with the compressor on. Our ~10CFM compressor only runs at about 25% duty when we are bending continuously, which nobody does. Unless you are doing large production runs. Most of time spent in tube bending is measureing, notching, and positioning.

You are welcome to set up an electric/hydraulic setup. We don't have one at this time.

who were what. you guys have a nice bender for sure. I was just noticing how slow the ram was in the video. but your right on the fabrication on building a tuber. more time spent on prep work than actually using the bender, and bending the tube it self. but all in all nice work in producing a quality bender for the masses. price is right for the back yard fabricator.

thanks for all the R&D work you put into this bender. looks like it'll hold up to what it was designed for.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

How goes the build?

If you need parts check this guy out Cruiser Outfitters He's local to me and awesome to deal with. Plus he's a huge supporter of the offroad community, U4WDA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, Utah shared access Alliance.
WICKEDWOLFRC is offline   Reply With Quote

warriorsimi's 1.1 project" toy" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AREA 51RC "Project Chaotic "Switch" XR10" D19er Axial XR10 105 03-10-2014 05:30 PM
Project "Tombstone" R.I.P "Rest In Pieces" mud digger 2.2 Scale Rigs 25 05-20-2013 07:54 PM
warriorsimi's "90 proof" southern build warriorsimi Axial Wraith 132 02-25-2012 10:04 PM
Project "FRANKESTAIN" or "AXIAL FORCE" mykonian General Crawlers 5 03-06-2009 11:37 AM