Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Best all around performing tire 1.5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Best all around performing tire 1.5

What in your opion is the best all around 1.5 tire for a light scale rig. ( I'm gathering parts for a sammi build ) I've read all the sammi threads and searched in the tire and wheel section, but there is not a thread to be found...or atleast by me. So can you help a Scalier out?

I run 1.9 rock locks on my Honcho and love how they perform, I also like the G8 FI's ( Butchered type ) Anything that is close to the performace of these tires?
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

With the Sammi you're gonna need a fairly short tire so I'd either go with Rock Crushers 3.75" or Dirt Grabbers 3". On my Sammi rebuild I'm using reduced 1.9 Trailbusters. PM me if you decide to go with the Grabbers. eddievedder is using Grabber on the build he's doing now.

Last edited by cutlaSS; 08-14-2010 at 11:36 AM.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I know they are on the big side but the 1.55 stompers are an awesome tire. Very soft and sticky.
ser3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

if you decide to go big, hear are my thoughts from my experience.

best is mud hogs, they perform well on all terrain. 2nd are mud slingers, they perform well on all terrains but tend to "pack up" when run in tacky mud. 3rd are rock stompers they perform on dry rock but turn to slicks when wet.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
if you decide to go big, hear are my thoughts from my experience.

best is mud hogs, they perform well on all terrain. 2nd are mud slingers, they perform well on all terrains but tend to "pack up" when run in tacky mud. 3rd are rock stompers they perform on dry rock but turn to slicks when wet.

Tried to find your sammi build...no luck. I think the best looking tire is the Crushers..they all seem to be the x3 compound sooo I guess it's down to your taste in looks I guess. I DO like the mud hogs!

I did see these...they are 3.7ish but 1.9 size I may go this route so I dont have to buy rims right away.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I'm rebuilding my Sammi right now. I got it from chino438 in a trade awhile ago. I'm debating if I should do build thread. The Prowlers are nice but I think they are made from the old rubber compound so they don't perform very well. I like the looks of the Crushers, might actually change to those if I don't like the Trailbusters.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:50 AM   #7

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
What in your opion is the best all around 1.5 tire for a light scale rig. ( I'm gathering parts for a sammi build ) I've read all the sammi threads and searched in the tire and wheel section, but there is not a thread to be found...or atleast by me. So can you help a Scalier out?

I run 1.9 rock locks on my Honcho and love how they perform, I also like the G8 FI's ( Butchered type ) Anything that is close to the performace of these tires?

you should get the tamiyas land rover tires they are very small and they look great.
hotclown87 is offline   Reply With Quote