Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Fast Lane dual-motor rock racer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Talking Fast Lane dual-motor rock racer

This is a continuation of my TRU Fast Lane project posted up under Looneybin's thread...

It's now 0 degrees and loads of frozen, half-thawed, and refrozen snow drifts and plow piles...so it's:

ICE-RACING TIME in WI!!!

I've pulled out the stock tranny and dropped in a MLST2 tranny with an MRC speedo and 7-cells...check out the vid (click on the 1st pic) and a couple pics...(the top-off pics are before I installed 2 MRC motors with a 12/60 set-up)...

the_ghetto_rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #2

thats pretty badass. wish i had the parts to change my transmission, im not happy with it. what cells do you have in it?
dyingtoolive2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

hmm,looks pretty cool.
jeremyvinson38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingtoolive2002 View Post
what cells do you have in it?
I've got the stock pack with one AA wired into it (thats what the rectangular hole in the battery compartment is for...)
Old 01-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingtoolive2002 View Post
wish i had the parts to change my transmission, im not happy with it.
I'm experimenting with transmissions (basically the rear axle, they are mostly all MOA) from toy store RC's (New Bright, Nikko, RadioShack) that I find at thrift stores..you can mod those to fit in the stock tranny location...for this project I cut the bottom off the stock tranny (since it holds the links in place) then mounted the MLST2 tranny to it...
Old 01-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #6

a AA battery eh? im assuming its a rechargable. does that add to the trucks performance or is it the equivilent of adding another battery? I added a 3200uf capacitor to mine and the truck is much stronger, the lights get brighter when accelerating as opposed to dimming and when i disconnect the battery the lights stay on for a few seconds. I want to add more capacitors to add more juice but maybe i will try your idea. i have an extra 9.6v battery pack laying around could i rip that apart and add some of them AAs to the system?

I also have many motors laying around that will fit the stock tranny but the gears are different. any ideas on how to change the gear? everytime i try to pull it off the shaft slides with it and the motor is ruined.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

You can heat the pinion with a torch and slide it off, but the only prob I've got with the stock tranny is that the plastic motor mount keeps cracking ( I am REALLY hard on this truck ), which allows the motor to flex, screwing up the pinion/spur mesh)..I don't think changing motors will make a big difference, as mine crawls REALLY well with the stock motor/tranny...I just wanted more speed out of it...I have a couple extra stock trannies (one brand new) that I'd get rid of cheap if you need some..
Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

so are the wheels actual beallocks or just look like them. i am really thinking about gettng one of these if the are ever back instock...lol
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #9

yeah same here i wanna see some wheelies and dohnuts but that wont happen with this. i need a real rc truck but with a wife theres always the unwanted nagging about "playing with toys". got 1:1 jeep in the driveway but last time i played with that i got a dui...haha but anyways...added a AA battery cell under the battery pack, 2 3200uf capacitors under the circut board....really moves but im sure it will burn up soon