Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: GMC "Fall Guy" truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:12 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

dude i had the lunchbox....hehehehe.....
4x4mtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 04:49 AM   #42
Rock Stacker

AWESOME! Loved that show back in the day, funny you posted this, I just picked up season one of the Fall Guy on DVD at Wal-Mart. I was wanting to build Colt's truck. Nice job!
JKJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:51 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Along with the General Lee, Kit, the Coyote from Hardcastle and McCormick, AirWolf, and a few others, the Fall Guy's truck was a vehicle I loved growing up! I wanted that truck so bad. You did an awesome job recreating it. I'm so envious. GREAT WORK!

The Bigfoot truck that you have in your avatar looks awesome too. Do you have more photos and info on that?!

WOW you guys really pulled this one back from the dead.

Thanks guys but I'm sorry to say I sold this truck shortly after finishing it.:-( One of these days I plan on building an even more scale version of this truck, I even keep a Clod body for it.

As far as my avatar it's just a small radio shack body with the Bigfoot Playskool stickers on it. I've had that body with the stickers on it from the mid eighties and when I got back into RCs a few years ago I plopped it on a tlt chassis. That's what you see in my avatar, just a near stock tlt with the body. Oddly enough the axles from it were what I used for the Fall Guy truck but I replaced them shortly after. Now the truck is partially disasssembled and again one of these days I'm going to make a VMG based build for it.I thought I had more pictures of it but all I could find was a bigger version of my avatar.

Here's another tlt based Bigfoot that I have. It's a little bigger and is on a stretched out tlt chassis.

Last edited by hawnmt; 02-08-2009 at 12:53 AM.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #44
Rock Stacker

Wow! I like the TLT based mini monsters...what body is on the second one? Good job!
RCWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:49 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWizard View Post
Wow! I like the TLT based mini monsters...what body is on the second one? Good job!

Would be even better if I could make a tube chassis for it like you. The body is from a New Bright RC Bigfoot. It's a smaller Bigfoot version just like those huge Raminator ones , 2WD and all. They used to sell them in WalMart about 5 years ago so there are probably a lot of them out there. I used to see them all the time on eBay but now they rarely pop up.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4mtb View Post
dude i had the lunchbox....hehehehe.....
i got the collectable hotwheel
http://www.famouscars.de/images/colt...-64fallguy.jpg

Last edited by shadowrejects; 03-28-2010 at 08:52 PM.
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

shoot a video of it going full plast on a 45 down a hill, like in the opening credit of the show... awsome looking truck.
El Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtoy View Post
Thats killer!I loved that show when I was a young lad.I watched it for the truck but more for Heather Thomas in that pink bikini......grrrrrr
Yes Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawnmt View Post
WOW you guys really pulled this one back from the dead.

Thanks guys but I'm sorry to say I sold this truck shortly after finishing it.:-( One of these days I plan on building an even more scale version of this truck, I even keep a Clod body for it.
May have pulled it back from the dead, but I caught myself humming the theme song as I reading it. Great looking truck, hope who ever bought it took care of it.
jagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #49

Default fall guy truck ..

all ya need now is colt severs driving ...wasnt that the name of the caracter? lol... 1 little flaw the fall guy truck had the bed compartment right in front of the drivers side back wheel id whip up some styrene and make it correct ...other than that awesome job and a super cool truck ....you have mad skills buddy...
olskillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #50

Awesome GMC man. the paint brings back memories of my dad's DWR truck back in the day. nice build keep it up man.
RocketRanger88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

where do you get the gmc logos?
rcfreak363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:40 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

thanks guys, it aways amazes me when someone digs this old thread up. I built this truck a few years ago when 1.9 scalers were still a new thing so there was very little parts support back then. One of these days I plan to do a more scale version(this truck was built for scale comps) and I even have a Clod body set aside for that purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olskillywilly View Post
l... 1 little flaw the fall guy truck had the bed compartment right in front of the drivers side back wheel id whip up some styrene and make it correct...
I actually thought of making that compartment as a battery box but since I spent so much time and effort makkng the drop bed I thought it was counterproductive to then put a box in it.

And technically the compartment wasn't always a part of the truck. It didn't show up until the 4th season of the Fall Guy. There were different versions of the truck that ranged from stunt trucks, high speed visual, static, camera, etc. Even the static show trucks had variations that were as small as just having slightly different "Fall Guy" emblems on the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak363 View Post
where do you get the gmc logos?
It's a sticker. I got the image of a real one from eBay and had run2jeepn make stickers out of it.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:42 AM   #53
Rock Stacker

this is one sweet rig!
JuziTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:59 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Looking good, love the color combo!
blukon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:03 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Figured you guys might enjoy these.

Looks good, what a great idea!

Quote:
Well, I'm not the kind to kiss and tell,
But I've been seen with Farrah.
I'm never seen with anything less than a nine, so fine. ..................................

Just watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAIDqyi2XsM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL8QS...eature=related

Last edited by bent; 10-24-2010 at 07:18 AM.
bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

Default fall guy

you know i was just watching some old vids on youtube and watched a few of the fall guy and knight rider lol i was telling a friend about how i wanted to do one of my scx 10s like that truck and you did it already man im in envy lol sweet job on that one man love it
harokingxpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I remember that truck being a lot bigger. I thought it was running 38's, I was wrong. Great show though, I wonder how many 10 bolt front axles they pretzeld? Can't wait to see the FallGuy Truck version 2.0
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

probually bout as many General Lees that got used.
bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: GMC "Fall Guy" truck

I know, this is a very old thread, but I just found it here on the forum. Such a great build! Reminds me of my childhood and yes, I did also think it was much much bigger (no wonder seen through a ten years old eyes). I just got my clod buster body - and the GMC front grille and Logos from customcuts dot de in Germany! The brown and gold colors are also ordered. Not to forget the Dingo kit.... If anyone is reading this: hawnmt mentioned the front grille is from a Tamiya Ford? I guess you added the rails on the sides to it? I looked everywhere but cannot find any front guard that looks 80s!
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:19 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: GMC "Fall Guy" truck

Back from the dead! I just got the Proline Chevy body, and while not exact, I think it will be close enough to do this build for me!
Wonder if blackfoot or Pumpkin Rollbar will work for this?
4drmopar is offline   Reply With Quote