Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Dads 87 Chevy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Dads 87 Chevy

Well, I'm currently waiting on some build supplies to get here for my H2.2 build and had recently got a clod body for a chevy build so I thought I would start on it.

There's still a lot of work to be done to it but I took it out for a spin yesterday and got a few pics. I plan on filling in the hood, making a cap for the bed(Unsure at this point) and adding LED's. I had a drop bed but couldn't figure out how to get it mounted right so I scrapped that idea. Color is going to be red(Dads was red) but I'm kinda diggin the white on it.

Specs:

Axial axles
Axial tranny
Axial 2.2 wheels/tires
Some old Losi Shocks
55t motor
Custom Home made scalish derlin chassis (Bought on another forum)
Clod Body
Custom diamond plate grille (Still making the chevy emblem)

Let me know what you think. Since the H2.2 isn't done yet, This is my very first semi successful scale build. Enjoy!

Pics:

Thanks for looking:nice:
-Tim
Tim_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Looks great!!!

Last edited by badBKO; 06-24-2008 at 08:28 AM.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
Looks great!!!
Didn't know you were on here too. Thanks for the chassis!

EDIT: Didn't want to double post so here ya go.

Bit of an update, I just got done making this. I tried my hand at making a rack for the bed. I still might make a cap but i'm liking the look of this. The entire thing(rack) will be painted black. Just need to get some paint this week.

Pics:

Last edited by Tim_B; 06-24-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:45 PM   #4

The build looks good and the scale hornet in the back with controller is killer. Where did you get it?
kpfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfitz View Post
The build looks good and the scale hornet in the back with controller is killer. Where did you get it?
Thanks!

The hornet I bought in a sale thread on another forum and the remote I made. If you'd like to add a scalish rc car to one of your builds, you can go to wally world (or just look online anywhere for a bigger selection) and look for a car that is 1:87 scale and it should be just about perfect for a 1:10 build.

-Tim
Old 06-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Got a few updates:

Update 1:

Yesterday I made a working lockable toolbox for the bed, added some antennas and a hood scoop.

Pics of the toolbox:

Update 2:

Lastnight I got it painted and snapped these pics this morning. You can see the bed now has alloy strips making it look more like planks, the fishing pole now has line and hook and you can see the radio and cb antenna's as well. I also slapped some 1.9'ers on it and am currently awaiting the shocks for the truck to lower the ride height.

Still need to de-anno the links and suck and make some shorter ones for it so the pitch of the front axle isn't as steep.

Pics:

As always, I still have A LOT to do, Thanks for looking and let me know what you think. I'm loving this!

-Tim
Old 06-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Few more updates for everyone. Yesterday I added some pinstriping to the rig...didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped it would. My hands were a little shaky....I guess it comes with age...lol.

Also, I decided to re-do the bed, Made it look a lot better I think. I added some styrene planks to it to make it look like the "wood" was being held down.

Took a better pic of the fishing rod hook too.

Still need to de-anno the links, waiting on esc and scale shocks, might be doing an interior...not sure yet as my vision has changed quite a bit with this rig..lol.

Pics:

Enjoy, And as always, LMK what you guys think so far, I love getting feedback on this, Helps me a lot!

Thanks for looking
-Tim
Old 07-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Shocks came in today thanks to Echodawg!

Got them on and got the WB adjusted to where I think it's perfect! You can definitely see how much it lowered the height, Looks just about right now. I also got headlights installed but don't have them in the pics....the cam is charging.

...Still no ESC though :neutral:

Anyways, on to the pics!!!

Thanks for looking!
-Tim
Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Small update tonight.

While I was getting my stuff read for the camping trip tomorrow I realized that I HAD to have an RC boat. At such short notice, I decided to Frankenstein one. I used my flat bottom jon boat and a few pieces off of my old rc chopper and a receiver/radio from a dollar store rc toy...I just threw this together so I still don't have a turning rutter yet but I have it at a super slight angle an have reverse too...I tested it out in the pool and for just an hour of work and never making a boat rc before it works pretty well..Forgot to mention, It is powered by a 9v battery.

Anyways...on to the pics, I couldn't wait to share it with you guys!

LMK what you guys think!

-Tim

PS, I have a new trailer too...I'll get pics of it while camping!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Got back from the camping trip yesterday. I had a blast with the family, Great views, good fishing, and good trails for the rig.

Here's a few pics of the rig on the trip. I'm going to be working on a vid of it for the next week or so.

Enjoy!

Overall, It was a GREAT place for a photoshoot, I will be going through all my pics of the rig and putting more of the good ones up later. All together, Including family and rig pics, I took over 1500 pictures in about 2 days...lmao!

Thanks for looking
-Tim
Old 07-15-2008, 12:43 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Looks great
Pic number 5 is my favourite
MoParmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:37 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Looks good man!!! I like #4 where your turning and the wave is coming right on your tail!!! lol.
countryboy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:10 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys, That's funny that you you each like 4 and 5, they're the same wave at different angles.. What a coincedense!

Thanks
-Tim