Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Start of trailfinder build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Start of trailfinder build

Well this will be my first build thread so bear with me. I only really get to work on it on the weekend so it will be somewhat slow. So far it is a runner albeit without body until I can get a grill and decide on permanent body mounting. anyways on to the pics I have so far. Well thats it for now, more next weekend.
pavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 07:42 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Looks good so far.
Georgerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

Any updates on this one??

Good job so far
eddievedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:01 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Right on, I'm doing a similar truck starting next week and love the look of this one!
UNGLEWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I'll post up some more pics tonight, I'm pretty much finished with the suspension setup. I'm waiting on a grill and roll bar for it so I can start painting and detailing the body. rc4wd is supposed to be sending out some new body mounts for the hilux body - so I'm waiting on those. If anyone has a side by side pic of a trail doctor and a rockcrusher tire, I'd like to see it. I'm thinking about buying a set of trail docs for this truck.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

O.k. few more pics from todays progress - the suspension is done. next will be body work. (when I get a grill and new mounts from hua) Last pic is a limiter I had to make to keep the rear suspension from collapsing all the way.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I uploaded a short vid to youtube of me beating my truck against a 2 inch ledge where my driveway meets the garage. I figure I'm going to try and break anything now rather than when I'm out in the middle of nowhere ( so far nothing broke). right now my truck weighs somewhere between 10 and 12 pounds without body. by the way I love the way the tires sound on concrete (towards end of vid.) this weekend I'll get a better quality video with someone actually filming instead of just setting the camera down. anyways heres the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOhmIoCEklY
Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

What motor are you running? Video looks good
eddievedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:55 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

I'm running a 55 turn integy. that whole vid was in high gear, next time I plan to use both gears to show the diffrence in speed between the two.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I should know more about your components but I am still learning. what axles and chassis is that? Maybe I didn't read it before.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

it's a trail finder chassis from rc4wd with an r2 2sp trans and the upgrade toyota scale axles.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Default trail finder chassis

Hey thats looking real good, can't wait to see what you do with the body . Mine just arrived and still in the box. How hard was it hooking up the two speed , what servo, etc ? Also did yours come with instructions ? Mine didn't. WTF
Redlinerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel View Post
I'm running a 55 turn integy. that whole vid was in high gear, next time I plan to use both gears to show the diffrence in speed between the two.
i would like to see the difference with a 55t in 1st and 2nd gears. that looks pretty quick there, but how much lower is it in 1st?
emaxxjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

HERES MINE AFTER A BEATING TODAY.
JEFF THE JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

looks good jeff, looks like you are as hard on yours as I am on mine. I should have another short vid up tonight to show the diff between low and high. setting up the tranny was easy with a dx3 radio, I used a servo that came with the radio and since the rooster has the drag brake I used the center position on the switch to go between the two gears so that I can freewheel if I want to.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I Dont Wanna Post Whore, On Your Post ......but Thanks! This Truck So Far Is Bomb Proff! BTW DID YOU SEE IT ON RC4WD'S WEB SITE? CHECK IT OUT IN THE TRAIL FINDER AD!
JEFF THE JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Thats awesome, I'll have to submit a pic of mine if I ever get all my body parts in. Heres a crappy vid to try and show the difference in 1st and 2nd gears - never mind the shaky camera work and sign language at the end (my brother) some day i'll get a real camera and post up a proper video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0CoeAletrY
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #18
On the lookout for Rocks

what pinion are you running?
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote