Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1986 suzuki samurai build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default losi mrc based 1986 suzuki samurai build

so this is my first scale build or conversion more or less so i doing a scale version of my 1986 Suzuki samurai.

so here is what i got so far:
losi mrc
speedway pal samurai offroader body from genkidoridori.com
tcs ltrail chassis, but i think im goin to make it out of aluminum since the mrc since the mrc suffers from anorexia nervosa
axial 1.9 8 hole only one set though. long story.
rc4wd mud thrashers
internal springs for the shocks.
3racing winch

but anyways this build has been going on for about a week but only had it posted on my local club forum nostr.net

but here are pics of my progress

Last edited by neightfrog; 03-27-2009 at 05:01 PM.
neightfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

looking good.. me know if you end up not using the delrin ltrail I may take it.. the clone chassis looks good..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
looking good.. me know if you end up not using the delrin ltrail I may take it.. the clone chassis looks good..
ill probably keep it cause the one i made is really thin and im afraid it might bend or just wear out. well i got to drive it a little bit but and this thing has no articulation anymore. but other than that its going good.

Last edited by neightfrog; 03-25-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

they have to much articulation stock anyway. I think they perform better on the ltrail then stock... one thing I like about the delrin ltrail is that it flex's to, so even though you lose some with the suspension setup this way you get it back in the chassis..
Old 03-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

also there is no weight in the tires yet so its still really lite. and i was messing around with some lead weights just setting them on top o the tire and liftin it and it made a big difference. but then i noticed that the shock hit the servo wire and stops it from articulating. but i have a hitec 225mg so this might be different from the original servo
Old 03-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I have the hitec on the one I am letting harley run it sucks.. I think I am going to chassis mount a full size servo.. those little servos just dont do it for me..

I am going to try and keep mine as light as possible, I only plan on adding a little weight to the front tires.. termites performed really well and I think he was only running around a OZ in just the front tires..
Old 03-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Nice work on the clone chasis!

Glad to see more people doing scale MRC based rigs. You can check out my K5 MRC in sig if you want.

Again, looks good!

Jon
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

yeah i dont plan on running much weight in it either maybe 2 oz in each front tire at the most. ill probably just run enough weight to rap the outside of the wheel once. yeah the mini servos suck. i was goin to just make a plate to mount a full size servo on the axle but there is no room for it. the shocks hits the servo as it is so a full size servo would have to be in the chassis. so you have two mrcs one for you and one for harley. but i wanna get it done, (well drivable with a painted body,) for the weekend, even though i might not make it to the comp because its getting nice out and might go to welsville, but still it would be cool to take down to wellsville. but off to aerotech to get some more crap for this money pit
Old 03-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

well i got it painted so here are a couple pics for you guys oh and im not happy with the rust spots

Old 03-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

here are some pics with the axail 1.9s and mud thrashers mounted but i think the rock claws would look better mounted on the axial 1.9s. what do you guys think?

Old 03-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #11
0 0

looks pretty good. needs a front bumper though
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #12
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

I like those new tires that look like mud terrains...I'd probably paint my wheels krylon Hammered black or grey...or something...but it looks great with both sets on there....cool Sammy.
BiG_DaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I like your sami. I have a 1:1 as well and hope to build one like it. Have you thought about trying some trail doctors. I have some on my pajero. They are a little bit narrower and might look more like your 1:1.

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work.
nodnarb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnarb81 View Post
I like your sami. I have a 1:1 as well and hope to build one like it. Have you thought about trying some trail doctors. I have some on my pajero. They are a little bit narrower and might look more like your 1:1.

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work.
i had origanally wanted to use trail doctors not the xl size, but i heard they had terrible traction on the rocks so i didnt get them and i didnt want to pay to have them shipped to the U.S. i think the thrashers are to big. i need a tire that is 95mm or shorter so i might just mount the rock claws on the axial 1.9s.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

save your money the rock claws dont even compare to the thrasher in traction department.. they have a new tire in 3,7 coming that looks like a allT I would wait on that one it is the new compound..

and yeah I had 2 now I think I have one and harley has the other
Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

well i put the decals on marked out the body lines with a sharpie mounted the winch and bumper and i stretched out the wheelbase a little in the rear

Old 04-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #17

looks real good man! my friends doing a diesel swap in his sammy right now gotta love those little trucks
hartnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

i cant wait to get my body in the mail so i can finish building mine
nixonnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #19
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

You're Samurai is LOOKING GREAT !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixonnerd View Post
i cant wait to get my body in the mail so i can finish building mine

Where'd you find your Samurai body at....anybody got a link? I've been looking EVERYWHERE with no luck.

I did get 2 almost brand new Losi MRC's bought today for one heck of a deal though....one has had 4 charges on it...and the other has had 5 charges on it. They come with all the RTR accessories and one of them even has the little Boggers and the stock tires with it. I'm getting them both for right around $300 !!!!.....

..I'm really happy about that...now I just gotta find me a Samurai body......

Last edited by BiG_DaWgZ; 04-01-2009 at 08:21 PM.
BiG_DaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartnsol View Post
looks real good man! my friends doing a diesel swap in his sammy right now gotta love those little trucks
yea i would love to volkswagon 1.6 turbo diesel in my zuki but then i could nt drive it on the street because of emissions testing. the sad part is they still make samurai's they are called jimny, but not in the US and you can get 1.5 turbo diesel from the factory.