Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: The CC/RPP Outback YJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
Thanks for the cool comments guys, I'll try to keep you entertained!
Still feeling under the weather but I dragged myself out in the middle of the night to make some progress.
After some trimming and sanding I got my first coats of primer on.
I took a bit of material off of the stock fender flares so when the new ones go on it won't show a double edge.

In the front I removed the extra material on the grill (used to hold the fog light bracket) and made the openings all the same. The hood I removed the tie downs and windsheild bumpers in the center to maks a smoothe surface for the decals after paint.

Just sprayed the first coats of gold base, after it tacks up it's red clear time!

Also got a ways into the interior panel and just have some finishing touches and painting to add

Where did you get the interior from?
wilrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I make them from styrene for the most part, then kit bash and cut up accessories. The heads are made as WW2 replacements by one of our members on CC.
UNGLEWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilrace View Post
Where did you get the interior from?

Thats a Kevin Special He makes his own for most of this rigs.
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
Thats a Kevin Special He makes his own for most of this rigs.
Just dug this up Justin...this one's out of yours.

3rd shot shows more of the raw styrene. They're pretty basic, durrable and much lighter weight then a full interior. At a glance they look pretty detailed through the windows. I use them in most of my RC stuff from scalers to drifters.

After some paint it looks pretty cool for scraps...the dash lights should cast a nice glow inside.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Okay, the main body color's on and thought I'd toss up a few pics...

Old 11-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:

3rd shot shows more of the raw styrene. They're pretty basic, durrable and much lighter weight then a full interior. At a glance they look pretty detailed through the windows. I use them in most of my RC stuff from scalers to drifters.

After some paint it looks pretty cool for scraps...the dash lights should cast a nice glow inside.

Yup, I still have that body/rig, infact its sitting in the corner as we speak.

The Candy red looks great Kev. I cant wait to see you detail this one, any chance you'll be starting tonight?lol
Old 11-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

why stop now right?
Have the fender flares on and setting up. I think they totaly change the look of th etruck with them on.

As soon as the fenders set I'll get the interior in for final test fit and will grab a pic.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #28
RCC Addict

the flares do look awesome against the candy. . Looking forward to seeing the interior in it.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Sweet build, from the chassie all the way to the lastest pictures. And the garage floor paint is killer
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Thanks man, here's some pics of the top color and some other details completed. I'm looking forward to continuing the scale garage build this winter. I'm planning a scale paint booth addition, will be sure to share some pics as I go.

Todays progress...
Roof is painted with textured black and roof rack's mounted.
All of my windows are in and it's blacked out inside the body. Snorkle's on and sealed up the inside of the fender flares so there's a nice strong bond to the body.

Getting the first coats on some of the detail stuff and final touches on the interior. After that's dry I need to drill some holes for accessories and LEDs and hopefully it will start looking like something.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #31
RCC Addict

holy hell Batman, the jeep looks amazing and your not even finished yet. Great work Kev, this jeep is a thing of beauty
Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Great looking jeep, the only nit to pick I have is the thumb screw on the hood thing. Will wait to see the final product but I think the Velcro would look best. I have used velcro plenty of times with a solid rear mount like you have and as long as you get a good grab with it there is no letting loose on the trail and it does not show on the body. Just my 2 cents, and again, the whole build is awesome, hate to see that thing on the hood in the end.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:12 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Love the cage and interior... I sooo want this for my proline land cruiser body... lemme know if you might want to get rid of it.. .
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing the interior in it.
Here's your pics Justin...see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed13 View Post
Great looking jeep, the only nit to pick I have is the thumb screw on the hood thing. Will wait to see the final product but I think the Velcro would look best. I have used velcro plenty of times with a solid rear mount like you have and as long as you get a good grab with it there is no letting loose on the trail and it does not show on the body. Just my 2 cents, and again, the whole build is awesome, hate to see that thing on the hood in the end.
I agree but I wanted to build it as intended using the thumb screw first and give it a try...it is easy on the trail. The top of the front mount does sit flush with the inside of the body so I can always toss a strip of velcro on there later and cover the hole. With what I've got planned with the hood it might not show too bad....time will tell though right?

Thanks for all of the great comments guys, sharing builds on the forums makes it that much more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler_king View Post
Love the cage and interior... I sooo want this for my proline land cruiser body... lemme know if you might want to get rid of it.. .
You'd have to ask Jester666...he bought that Wack Job II build off me a while back....you might be able to pry it out of his hands.

Very early start today, had to get my Hi-Lift jack and Outback lights mounted on the valance so I could run th ewires behind the dash. Finished interior panel went in, I'm pretty happy with the result. I'll snap a few shote of the screw locations to hold it in place once I get all my wiring done. Lots of painting to do later on, only the first coat on alot of parts.
Promised some interior pics so here we are...

Last edited by UNGLEWD; 11-05-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Cool, thanks Kev. Everything is coming together quickly. Great job I look forward to seeing it out side now. ( hint hint)

Quote:
You'd have to ask Jester666...he bought that Wack Job II build off me a while back....you might be able to pry it out of his hands.
yeah and smurf's are real.
I'm pretty bad for hanging on to things, just like a few other members on here.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

Thanxx for the info about the diamond plate!
Thatīs a really cool Wrangler! At first sight I thought "what a colour" - but itīs great looking with all the details and the black fenders!
Well done so far The interior is superb - think I will copy it, cause itīs so easy and real looking!!!
happyelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:

yeah and smurf's are real.
I'm pretty bad for hanging on to things, just like a few other members on here.
Oh Really Justin..?? SO when are the smurfs going to be delivering a giant " TAN " package to MY house then..?? ( I've still got that space cleared for it bud..)

This has turned out to be an AWESOME looking YJ..I'm lovin' all the details and scale stuff you've added-Its really sweet man..! if you ever wanna sell it- let me know..!
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
if you ever wanna sell it- let me know..!
Hey hey hey, back off Chris, I'm collecting funds ( well I'm trying too)

Last edited by Jester666; 11-05-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Now that is pretty... All of that is just right.
wilrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyelk View Post
Thanxx for the info about the diamond plate!
Thatīs a really cool Wrangler! At first sight I thought "what a colour" - but itīs great looking with all the details and the black fenders!
Well done so far The interior is superb - think I will copy it, cause itīs so easy and real looking!!!
No problem, hope you find what you're looking for.
I'll get lots of shots outside, I know you'd like the color...it's so hard to capture indoors.
I'm putting together a step by step tutorial on building these panels...they're super easy and with a few paint tricks It's surprising how real it looks from outside....light weight too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
Oh Really Justin..?? SO when are the smurfs going to be delivering a giant " TAN " package to MY house then..?? ( I've still got that space cleared for it bud..)

This has turned out to be an AWESOME looking YJ..I'm lovin' all the details and scale stuff you've added-Its really sweet man..! if you ever wanna sell it- let me know..!
All my rigs are for sale (well almost) ya gotta be fast to beat Jester though!

Got out for a little while tonight to add some touches....Bigbird made a special call over here today to badger me about not doing a second coat of black on the running boards and diamond plate...sheeeze!
This proves I took care of it.
Painted in some marker lights, installed the headlight buckets.

Added the rear tail lights and some very cool accessories from Metal Fume Fabrication!

Dug out the sticker folders and found a cooling fan decal that fit nicely on th ebody mount plate...looks better without the glaring flash. Just taking it easy and playing with details as I go....expecting to have it complete and ready for final graphics on the weekend....video by next weekend.