Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Proline Powerstrokes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Proline Powerstrokes.

Anyone else have any troubles with them leaking?

I checked all the shafts and they are not scored or anything. I wouldnt think new shocks would need a rebuild kit already.
Drey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Mine are doing OK, no leakage.
KevMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Well I just took the em out and really wrenched down on the bottom part of the shock, hopefully that helps although they were pretty tight before hand.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Brother, you are not alone....

Brother, you are not alone.

I too have experience the leak gremlin.

I purchased 2 sets of the scale powerstrokes by proline only to have them leak just like 2 sets of Integy's as well as 2 sets of Axial competition shocks.

I am very careful when building shocks so as not to damage the o-rings. I always lubricate them with shock oil as well as the shaft so there is no tearing.

The Integys leaked heavily. My truck would be stationery and clean and i would come back the next day to a pool of oil under the truck. Now that is scale realism folks! lol.

I tossed those in the garbage after getting some use out of them (by placing them upside down...keeps the oil from leaking, lol)

The Axial Competition shocks leaked as well.

I managed to save two Axial shocks by using a lot of plumbers teflon tape on the threads of the bottom cap where the o-rings are located. This prevented one from leaking and slowed the other leak enough to get use of the shock.

The other two keep leaking and are basically hopeless.

Now on to the prolines - These are already built from the company so in theory they should not leak. That is not the case with the set i purchased. They leaked even before installing on the truck. Everything was nice and tight.

I could set out and replace the o-rings and gaskets on the shocks and teflon the hell out of the threads but I should not have to do this with newly purchase shocks.

I can say with great confidence that i purchased 2 sets of Hot Bodies shocks and those never leaked.

I still prefer the Axials for its multitude of adjustments...but nothing is worth purchasing if you only have a 50/50 chance if it working properly.

Good Luck!!!

Last edited by Lobonyc; 01-26-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Lobonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I might throw a little teflon in them. Although the thread seem to have tight tolerance. I really like these shocks and dont want to have to scrap them. Only one is dripping and since last night its only been a few drops.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #6
0 0

ive heard nothing but good things from associated greem slime stuff. just coat the o-rings and they should be good

romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #7

Great shocks, the springs are a little too soft for my taste, I now use the sc10 springs on three sets that I have. No leaks with mine. I took mine apart, lubed the seals with green slime and put back together. The other thing I did was not to pull the shaft out of the shock. I pulled down the cap, seal, and spacer. Then I green slimed the shaft and shock body. If
you take the shafts completely out you will rip the seals. LOL
teixeira1 is offline   Reply With Quote