Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Trail Finder HiLux Build Thread. RcCrawler.com help me do this!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Trail Finder HiLux Build Thread. RcCrawler.com help me do this!

a foreward note*->> I would like to thank roborg5000 for spending time with me and going out of his way to help introduce me to the myriad of different setups available. Despite my never-ending barage of questions, he managed to handle my noobness with a very positive attitude. This thread started off as a question thread, but I changed the title and am with roborg5000's help, and the rest of you all, I am going to chronicle my slow process of getting this rc4wd trailfinder hilux up and running over the next month or so. Pictures will be included and I of course will be asking TONS AND TONS of questions. Any and all input is appreciated!! Thanks gang, and once again, thanks to roborg5000 .

I made those aluminum spacers. I ended up cut'em out of some aluminum flat stock I had lying around. Now on to installing the INTEGY 55T motor. Does anyone want to give me any tips on the motor install? I know it's pretty much plug'n play, but this is the first time I've ever done anything with electric rc. I guess I just put it in the tranny, mesh the gears, add some grease and wah-lah? Or is there anything I'm missing?

Also, if anyone has up close pictures of their TRAIL FINDER, please post them, as I'm not sure how to work out the front draglinks and steering arms. dunno if they go above or below the leaf spring...and I'm not sure exactly how to install the servo mount.

Another ??? I wasn't sure where to mount the tranny on the supplied chassis mounting holes. I imagine it's just personal preferance?

Mounted the Integy 55 :

Last edited by rngrchad; 02-28-2010 at 04:48 PM.
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Sweet! I just bought one as well from another member here so I'll be watching your build. Mine came preassembled though and has only one spacer for the trans mounted on the right side. Shouldn't make any difference. I'll be using an older Tamiya Juggernaut F-350 body.

I noticed you don't have leaf spring helpers. If you decide you want some, I have an extra set I'll sell.

Also, have you seen the dedicated trailfinder forum from RC4WD? Lots of pics over there.
Sydwaiz is offline   Reply With Quote