Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My first Build: The Green Monstah, Pajero flatbed dually

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 08:05 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My first Build: The Green Monstah, Pajero flatbed dually

So I had never built even a kit before, and my 3 year old son got addicted to the RC Sparks scale videos on You tube. Of course he decided he wanted one. But he was requesting a working tow truck...

As I said I had no experience with building scale vehicles or even RC's at all. Halfway through the build he requested it be "red Sox" truck...

So here we go. I couldn't do anything normal or out of the box, that's just not my style. So having never touched or even heard of styrene before I set about chopping a Tamiya pajero into a pick up cab. I added some dents and that's about it. Its NOTHING compared to the stuff I see on here, but I was happy for my first try.

Next I picked up the pieces and parts to start building. I got an aluminum Scx trans case and stuffed it with robinson gears. I picked up what I am pretty sure is an x-trail chassis. Grabbed some non-cast yota axles and mounted then to the chassis with rc4wd leaf springs and shackles. Picked up an unknown transfer case, and 3 junfac drive shafts. Grabbed 3 sets of axial 1.9 beadlocks and 6 Pro line flat irons.

To power it I picked up a dual motor mount and filled its mounting holes with 2 Holmes hobbies 7t colbalt pullers. To power the dual beasts I'm using a Holmes Hobbies torque master mini dual. The steering servo is a cheapo tower hobbies mg 996, but it turns her great and I can chuck it and buy another one for pretty much the shipping fee!

I built the flat bed out of styrene and again, its got nothing on most of the master craftsmanship I see on here, but me and the boy like it. I built a stationary boom and used a 3 racing winch to accomplish the towing tasks.

As far as a skid, there isn't one. I bent up a transfer case mount out of plate steel, and made my own front motor mount out of the same.

Oh... And I built this whole thing with out ever measuring a thing... I'd cut a piece and use it to cut any tha t needed to match, but I hate tape measures. I like trying to eyeball things. So, here she is.

And of course, BIG PAPI is driving!
Attached Images

MinuteMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: My first Build: The Green Monstah, Pajero flatbed dually

Thanks, its got towing duty pulling the other rigs on the trailer... It has also been known to drag the kids around the yard in their wagon or my boys peddle car.
MinuteMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Cool build, congrats on your 1st of many btw....
Tantaran69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

That last picture made me fall in love with it. Looks like he's ready to go smash some mail boxes with a hit-n-run

Nice job!
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote

My first Build: The Green Monstah, Pajero flatbed dually - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C1 34' Ford flatbed dually johnnyh66 1.5 Scale Rigs 197 07-31-2015 07:56 AM
79 Ford Flatbed Dually Pulling/Trail Truck thisdougsforu Axial SCX-10 6 01-13-2013 06:24 PM
F250 Hi-lift dually flatbed Crawln Coles 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 08-23-2009 09:04 PM